Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in HERSHEY MX & they are Hiring Candidates for 2nd Shift Quality Assurance Specialist
Company Name : HERSHEY MX
Company Location : Township of Hazel, OK
Job Position : 2nd Shift Quality Assurance Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Oklahoma
Job Description :
Job Location: Hazleton, PA
Please note that this is a 2nd shift position
The Hershey Company Hazleton plant is a Union plant producing products such as Cadbury, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Extra Dark Bars, Caramel Bars, Candy Coated Eggs, and Kit Kat, in a high-speed complex environment.
Under moderate guidance, the Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist’s primary job responsibilities are to serve as a liaison between QA and Manufacturing, provide support to the manufacturing operations, and is the sole QA representative on shift. QA responsibilities include ensuring compliance to all company and regulatory policies/procedures pertaining to product safety/quality. This may include environmental duties.
This position serves as a technical resource for Manufacturing and Engineering, providing leadership and guidance in the areas of weight control, packaging, incident investigation and resolution, troubleshooting and other related matters. This position provides QA support to assigned Business Unit. The QA Specialist must have a sound working knowledge of Hershey’s quality systems requirements. Some laboratory duties are required.
- Facilitates production activities to meet quality/safety specifications and regulatory standards by providing training, auditing, troubleshooting and incident management.
- Training: Assists in efforts to educate and train the workforce on food quality and safety issues. Conducts training specifically for plant employees and regularly follows up with employees to ensure that they understand the requirements of their jobs.
- Auditing: Conducts audits in accordance with Product Excellence Program (PEP)/ Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) / Environmental compliance procedures. Reviews CCP paperwork for compliance.
- Incident Management: Investigates and analyzes incidents to identify trends in product/quality safety information. Initiates corrective actions and communicates findings as appropriate. Uses various computer support systems (ex. SAP product tracking, Line Production Reporting (LPR), Cost of Non-Conformance (CONC), etc.) to help isolate / solve problems.
- Conducts regular internal audits on all HACCP and PEP systems, documents, and reports findings and follows-up on non-conformances. Reviews cQCP records for compliance.
- Conducts monthly sanitation area audits and audits of other prerequisite systems as appropriate, including glass audit.
Packaging / WinSPC:
- Responsible for the Packaging program. Works with Production, Corporate Packaging and Suppliers to segregate and return defective packaging, test new packaging components on the line and troubleshoot packaging issues. Provides packaging item information sheets. Responsible for setting up new items in WinSPC for new products weights and defects and continuous improvement data collection and trending including SPC parameters. Maintains database and makes modifications to items and personnel. Archives data.
Continuous Improvement / Project / New Product Support:
- Implements continuous improvement through utilization of PEP program elements such as Master Control Plans, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), HACCP, ACCP, Weight Control and Consumer Complaint Reduction. Leads improvement teams and prepares reports as necessary. Under moderate supervision, acts as QA representative on multi-functional project teams, business unit or non-routine assignments. May support new product efforts from initial test runs to full-scale production to assure integrity of systems.
GFSI Support / EMMP program:
- Conducts SQF Facility audits. Communicates findings. Funnels non-conformities to business unit teams and follows-up on corrective action development and completion. Prepares audit & status reports as necessary. Responsible for Environmental swab program including follow-up on and reporting of out of tolerance results.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Knowledge of federal and state food industry regulations.
- Understanding of sanitation and pest control practices
- Familiarity with GFSI standards
- Strong computer, document management skills and attention to details
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Dexterity required for handling and performing tests in an accurate manner. Ability to record data as needed.
- Strong problem solving/trouble shooting skills
- Solid understanding of a production / manufacturing environment
- Strong auditing / assessment skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence management enabling the direction of activities of teams of employees that do not have direct reporting to this role.
- Proficiency in computer programs / software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point, SAP (Recipe Management), Net Weight and QA Trends
- Working knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements – PEP, HACCP, Good Manufacturing Process (GMP), etc.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field or equivalent related experience
- 1 – 5 years of related experience
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in