Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in ADN & they are Hiring Candidates for Accountant
Company Name : ADN
Company Location : Anchorage, AK 99501
Job Position : Accountant
Job Category : Jobs in Alaska
Job Description :
Type: Full Time
EEO Class: Administrative Support
Hybrid position (Remote/In-Office)
The Accountant is responsible for reconciliation of accounts and the general ledger. Will assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable tasks and other special projects as needed. Work with confidential data which disclosed may have significant impact on internal or external aspects of the business. This position will also be responsible for training and mentoring new staff.
- Entering deposits and miscellaneous bank activity. Completing monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintaining list of outstanding checks
- Reconciles intercompany due to and from account
- Posting and reviewing journal entries
- Assist in preparation of sales tax returns and property tax returns
- Managing the general ledger on a daily basis including monthly balance sheet and expense account reconciliation and analysis (assigned accounts only)
- Reviewing and reconciling monthly inventory purchases and usage
- Ensuring assigned reconciliations agree to the general ledger
- Transfer and assist training of new department employees
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- 2+ years for college preferred (work experience may be substituted)
- Minimum of five (5) years experience
- Knowledge of general ledger systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, with a heavy emphasis on Excel
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and over achieve
- Team player who also has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries and resolve issues
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to recognize problems and bring resources to solve the problems
- Ability to file and archive data
- Understanding principles of capitalization and recording prepaid items an the associated depreciation and amortization
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands for data entry, to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is typically performed in a controlled office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in