Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Ogden-Weber Technical College & they are Hiring Candidates for AHA BLS Certification CPR Instructor
Company Name : Ogden-Weber Technical College
Company Location : Ogden-Weber Technical College in Ogden, UT 84404
Job Position : AHA BLS Certification CPR Instructor
Job Category : Jobs in Utah
Job Description :
Enjoy teaching for Ogden-Weber Technical College instructing a diverse group of students in Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR. We are looking for a part-time AHA BLS certified CPR instructor to teach 2-3 classes per month. This position would be a “job share” position dividing teaching needs with our current CPR instructor. Each class is approximately 4 hours long, including prep and cleaning time. The CPR instructors are be expected to work together to choose, schedule, and publish class dates and to instruct the CPR courses. Classes are held on weekdays and offered at a variety of times (morning, mid-day, and evening). The instructor’s schedule is flexible, as long as the above-mentioned class needs are met. Classes are held on campus in our Health Tech Building where the college has a dedicated and fully equipped CPR classroom. About four times a year, 1–2-day instruction is held in our high school programs off campus. Please read through the job description for a full list of requirements and functions. Come join us and be a contributor to the difference made in the lives of our students as we fulfill the college mission. “We build a prosperous community by creating a technically skilled workforce one student at a time.”
This position works under the direction of the Director of Health and Culinary Programs. The CPR Instructor will be responsible for providing instruction in Basic Life Support (BLS) including CPR, AED, and obstructed airway for all health programs, high school programs, and the community at large on an as-needed basis. Course content will include theoretical and hands-on training related to BLS CPR.
- Possess current American Heart Association (AHA) Instructor certification and stay current in the AHA curriculum and standards to maintain professional certification.
- Coordinate classes and publish available class times as needed by the college or community.
- Possess strong soft skills (communication, teamwork, problem solving, organization, resourcefulness, flexibility, conflict management, critical thinking, work ethic, etc.).
- Give clear instruction in a safe, clean, and productive learning environment.
- Demonstrate good time management and classroom management skills.
- Ability to work evenings after 5:00 p.m. as needed for on-campus certification training.
- Instruct, exemplify, motivate, and advise students in AHA curriculum and skills and assist students in achieving their certification.
- Prepare instructional areas, including equipment and materials required for the class.
- Administer written and hands-on competency tests.
- Remediate with students who do not pass the certification exam on the first attempt.
- Complete all paperwork, post-course rosters and maintain records as required by OTech and/or the AHA.
- Care for the equipment by keeping it clean and in good working order; communicating with the Director of Health and Culinary Programs when equipment or supplies are low in stock.
- Interact in a positive and professional manner with students, co-workers, and college partners seeking win-win solutions.
- Ability to work with individuals of all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Work cooperatively within the college community.
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested by the Director of Health and Culinary Programs.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned and may work additional days and times as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Current AHA BLS Instructor certification.
- Preference given to those individuals that have teaching and/or curriculum development experience.
- Proficient in using computers, computer technology, and computer software related to position.
- Spanish speaking proficiency desirable.
- Work requires physical exertion. May require the ability to stand, walk, bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, lift moderately heavy items (up to 40 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time.
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
Working Hours: Part-time/Flexible
A conditional offer of employment will be made pending satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. The Ogden-Weber Tech College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, college policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, marital status or parental status, race, color, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, and disability.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $19.23 – $28.85 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Self-determined schedule
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in