Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in GRC Nevada Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for Assay Lab Technician
Company Name : GRC Nevada Inc.
Company Location : Luning, NV 89420
Job Position : Assay Lab Technician
Job Category : Jobs in Nevada
Job Description :
The Isabella Pearl Mine is located at the West end of the Santa Fe mining district in the Walker Lane Gold Belt; northeast of Luning, Nevada, in Mineral County.
The Lab Tech is responsible and accountable for accurate and reliable chemical analysis of drill cores samples within daily time constraints.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Lab.
- Maintain comprehensive records as required to support performance.
- Responsible for collection of blast-hole (BH) samples
- Performs basic sample receiving and preparation of rock and soil samples
- Splitting, pulping of samples, and Lab clean up.
- Preparation of any special samples delivered to the lab.
- Basic understanding of calculations associated with Assay reporting.
- Perform accurate and precise work in a timely manner.
Safety & Environmental:
- Responsible and accountable for the performance, and compliance of mine site safety and environmental policies and procedures for all personnel and vendors.
- Participate in Planned General Inspections.
- Provide safety and environmental leadership by always setting a good example.
- This role requires frequent interaction with department employees, supervision, management, and vendors to provide assistance, service, support, and problem resolution as needed.
- Ability to build trust and develop positive working relationships with site personnel and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to interact with all departments or groups as needed, for problem resolution.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 1 year’s lab experience in a mining environment.
- High school math skills and chemistry knowledge are preferred.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last-minute requests with little to no supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship skills; able to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, written and oral.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current MSHA Certification (Required)
- Must be able to perform the basic life operational functions of climbing physically, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion.
- Able to wear and demonstrate to employees the use of personal protective equipment including hardhat, steel-toed footwear, safety glasses, earplugs, gloves (rubber, leather & cloth), and/or any other equipment required to do the job assigned safely.
- Ability to climb & traverse muck piles, lift up to 50 lb., work in adverse seasonal weather conditions, and carry survey equipment.
- Able to read and interpret various safety warning signs, product MSDS, tags, and labels.
- Ability to distinguish various colors as they relate to safety warning signs, tags, and labels.
- Able to operate a telephone and mine phone/radio with sufficient voice and hearing to carry on a conversation to communicate information, issuing directives, and providing feedback, to management and subordinates.
- Ability to hear sufficiently to distinguish various pitches of warning alarms.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.65 – $31.78 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in