Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in County of Hawaii & they are Hiring Candidates for Assistant Building Inspector – SR-16
Company Name : County of Hawaii
Company Location : Kailua-Kona, HI
Job Position : Assistant Building Inspector – SR-16
Job Category : Jobs in Hawaii
Job Description :
Inspects the construction, alteration, or maintenance of buildings and structures of limited size and scope for compliance with the provisions of building and zoning codes and ordinances and adherence to approved plans and specifications; and performs other related duties as required.
There are three (3) immediate permanent full-time vacancies with the Department of Public Works – Building Division in Kailua-Kona.
The eligible list may be used for other permanent and temporary vacancies as they arise during the life of the list. Temporary appointment may lead to conversion to permanent appointment.
- Inspects the construction, alteration, and maintenance of residential and small commercial buildings, signs, swimming pools, and similar structures for compliance with provisions of the building and zoning codes and ordinances.
- Checks to see that work is performed in accordance with approved plans and specifications.
- Checks the size and quality of materials and the methods of construction for walls, floors, roofs, structural steel work, foundations, lathing, and plastering.
- Inspects swimming pools and bleachers for safety.
- Makes inspections of existing buildings to determine hazardous conditions, structural failures, or need for maintenance or repair.
- Checks the location of buildings and other types of structures for conformity with the requirements of zoning codes and ordinances.
- Investigates complaints concerning dangerous building conditions, illegal alterations, and illegal fence construction.
- Issues stop work orders when necessary.
- May gather evidence, facts, and witnesses for legal proceedings and may assist in the prosecution of violators of building codes and ordinances.
- Keeps records of inspections made and scheduled and prepares reports.
- Serves on the counter for the processing of building permits.
- Provides information to owners, contractors, and others on building laws and regulations.
- May assist higher level inspectors in inspection of large and complex multi-storied buildings.
Training and Experience:
A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to:
- graduation from high school, and
- three (3) years of experience in inspecting or supervising building construction work, of which
- one (1) year shall have been in building code enforcement work, and
- possession of a valid State of Hawai’i driver’s license (Class 3) or any other valid comparable driver’s license at time of filing. (You will be required to submit your valid driver’s license at time of hire).
Examination: All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be assigned a score of 70 points. An education and experience evaluation will be conducted based on the applicant’s training, education and experience as presented in the application.
Please read the minimum qualification requirements carefully.
Be certain to list all pertinent training and experience, as this may be important in determining your examination score.
It is essential that the applicant describe fully the duties and responsibilities of each position held, specify the date of each position held (from and to, month and year), and indicate the number of hours worked per week.
Attach all required documentation (e.g. official transcript, professional license(s)/certification(s), DD-214, etc.) at the time of submitting your application.
Note: In-person interviews and/or further testing in Hawai’i County may be required at the discretion of the hiring department/agency. If in-person interviews and/or further testing are required, applicants who are referred to the hiring department/agency must be available to participate in person and at their own expense at that phase of the selection process.
Knowledge of: the building and zoning codes and ordinances of the County of Hawai`i; standard practices, methods, materials, and tools used in building construction including empirical formulae of structural stability and safety; accepted safety standards; legal procedures involved in enforcing building and zoning codes and ordinances.
Ability to: inspect construction, alteration, and maintenance of buildings and structures and render decisions in conformity with codes and ordinances; recognize hazardous situations and determine means of correction; read and interpret plans and specifications, building and zoning codes and ordinances and apply them to specific cases; deal tactfully with building contractors, workpersons, and the general public; maintain records and prepare reports.
Physical Requirements: Persons seeking appointment to positions in this class must meet the health and physical condition standards deemed necessary and proper to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Physical Effort Grouping: Light
Please scan and attach these supporting documents to your on-line application, if required:
- an official college transcript,
- a valid driver’s license,
- a temporary assignment verification,
- professional licenses, and/or
Veterans applying for veteran’s preference points shall also scan and attach their DD-214 form and as needed, their VA claim letter to the on-line application.
PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME.
ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATION TO APPLICANTS:
Please ensure that the email address and contact information you provide is current, secure, and readily accessible to you. We will not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our emails or fail to check your email box or NEOGOV account INBOX in a timely manner. Checking your NEOGOV account INBOX daily is recommended and is the most secure method to check on notices sent to you. This is a new feature created by our vendor, NEOGOV.
Please add [email protected] to your contact list. Open your NEOGOV account using your user name and password. In the upper right hand corner of the account is your name, and under your name, click on INBOX to view all notices sent you. The notices will appear here in the INBOX even in the event you don’t receive it on your cell phone, computer, or other electronic device. This is the best way to check and view all notices sent to you.
You will receive a confirmation email upon successfully submitting your application. Failure to receive this confirmation email, indicates that your application was not submitted.
- sick leave and vacation earnings
- paid holidays
- social security
- credit union membership
- life, dental, medical, vision, and prescription
drug insurance plans
- employee-employer paid retirement plan
- flexible spending plan
- tax-sheltered savings and investment program
- mortgage loans through the State Employees’
- career opportunity and mobility in a merit system for
civil service positions
Persons who are hired may be required to pay union dues/service fees.
Benefits for part-time employment is based on hours worked and type of appointment.
Benefits are subject to change due to legislative, collective bargaining negotiation, and other changes.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in