Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance & they are Hiring Candidates for Assistant Controller
Company Name : Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
Company Location : 421 SW 6th Ave Ste 600, Portland, OR 97204
Job Position : Assistant Controller
Job Category : Jobs in Oregon
Job Description :
The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) is an alliance of more than 140 utilities and energy efficiency organizations working on behalf of more than 13 million energy consumers to increase the adoption of energy-efficient products, services and practices. To do this, the alliance identifies and removes market barriers to energy efficiency to drive permanent change throughout the supply chain. This formalized, lasting approach is known as Market Transformation.
Over the last twenty five years, the alliance has developed a proven Market Transformation framework built on data, technical expertise, and reciprocal, long-lasting relationships with regional and national market actors and organizations. Since 1997, alliance Market Transformation activities have saved equivalent to enough electricity to power over half a million homes each year.
NEEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented finance professional to join our accounting and finance team. Knowledge of general accounting and bookkeeping practices, as well as a strong work ethic, are required. You will assist with the day-to-day tasks in our finance department and play an integral role in maintaining account information. This position performs accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to preparing weekly disbursement runs, preparing funder and grant invoices/reconciliations, preparing journal entries, and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations.
The incumbent will share our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion and advancing practices, strategies and policies that achieve equitable outcomes for all.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $90,000 exempt
Could This Be Your Dream Job?
Are you interested in working for a mission driven organization where employees really do believe in the mission and help each other to achieve it? Do you enjoy working with numbers and spreadsheets? Do you like ensuring everything is in balance? Does helping drive to organization’s results by assisting program staff to understand and manage their budgets interest you? If you answered yes to these questions, please read on to learn more:
The Typical Day May Include…
- Reviewing weekly accounts payable batches for payment.
- Reconcile various financial records including contract expenditures, total expenditures to funding contracts and the balance sheet.
- Create funding reconciliations and periodic funder invoices and.
- Set up and maintenance of employee and project records in the financial system.
- Review funding contract documents to evaluate necessary system setup to capture costs for billing.
- Work cross-functionally with other work teams such as Human Resources, and Legal/Contracts.
- Maintain procedures manual.
- Train new staff on use of NEEA financial systems.
- Respond to financial questions from NEEA staff and Funders, preparing any necessary financial analysis to support response.
- Provide backup for the Controller.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk with invoicing questions.
What Are You Good At?
Top performers will be excited about managing priorities, as well as meeting deadlines while remaining focused in an environment with multiple priorities in an exciting yet somewhat complex organization. You will enjoy working with staff at all levels within the organization who manage project budgets but may not have a financial background. Motivated and dedicated to work with cross-functional teams, such as Human Resources, to create a positive employee experience for all staff.
You Likely Have The Following:
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Can-do attitude with ability to understand how to prioritize and plan work activities while remaining flexible, adaptable, and enthusiastic.
- Strong work ethic and drive to get things finished in an accurate and timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness regardless the size or complexity of the task.
- Ability to collect and synthesize data to support decision making. Ability to spot and communicate patterns, trends, and inaccuracies.
- You are energized and motivated by non-profit work and NEEA’s mission.
Your Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, or equivalent education/experience required.
- At least 5-6 years of accounting and bookkeeping preferably in a not-for-profit setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of government regulations, policies and procedures relevant to grants/contracts.
- Prior experience with enterprise financial and budget systems. Experience with NetSuite and Adaptive Insights preferred.
- Prior experience with an all-inclusive HRIS/Payroll software. Experience with Paycom preferred.
- Minimum one year of professional experience performing customer service activities or equivalent experience. An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful perform.
This role is based in Portland, OR and will work hybrid on/offsite.
Finalists must have eligibility to work in the US as NEEA is not able to provide VISA sponsorship, or have remote work outside of the US.
NEEA’s benefits highlights:
90% of medical/dental premiums paid by NEEA, employer funded Health Savings Account, automatic 6% retirement contribution with 2% matching, 17-days PTO, remote working options, flexible work schedule options, professional development.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in