Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Troy University & they are Hiring Candidates for Associate Controller
Company Name : Troy University
Company Location : Troy, AL
Job Position : Associate Controller
Job Category : Jobs in Alabama
Job Description :
This position plays a crucial role and is expected to have both a broad understanding of units and colleges across the University and a depth of insight into each. Accordingly, this position must be able to effectively communicate to various leaders within the University, including the senior leadership team, Deans, and other departmental leaders on all matters related to planning and budgeting and the implications of university-wide and department-level decisions.
Job duties to include the following:
- Assists with the maintenance of financial records of the University, including oversight of account balances and reconciliation of University accounts.
- Performance of internal audits of University departments.
- Assists with the oversight of accounting procedures and internal controls (implementing, monitoring, and enhancing).
- Coordinates and incorporates component units into the University’s financial statements.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly financial statements, annual reports, and special financial reports required of the University and any separate unit within the university system.
- Assists in the issuance of debt, the recording of debt, the budgeting for debt service, and the maintenance of records for all bond issues and other long term indebtedness.
- Supervises and assists in the maintenance of records and the reporting of all construction in progress, including monitoring actual expenditures and reporting and tracking funding issues related to all projects.
- Assists as liaison for audits of University records, including federal, state, external, and internal audits.
- Preparation and/or review of unrelated business income tax, federal excise tax, sales tax or other tax filings as needed.
- Performs other support duties as assigned to support the functions managed under the Controller’s Office umbrella which include Auxiliary Services, Tax Services, Accounts Payable, Student Financial Services, Foundation Accounting, Financial Reporting, Sponsored Program Accounting, Athletic Business Office, Payroll Services, and the Budget Office.
- Master’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting at either the Bachelor’s or Master’s level, OR Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA
- Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible professional experience and management in higher education or similar accounting operations
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills to include experience preparing and presenting complex financial information to a wide range of audiences, in writing and through oral presentations
- Demonstrated experience working with complex financial software systems (i.e. Ellucian Colleague, Banner, etc.) and experience working with advanced functions in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate institutional, State, and federal policies, procedures and regulations
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated poise, presence, and strong interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of constituents and ability to establish productive working relationships with other senior administrative leaders, deans, faculty, staff and students
- CPA designation
- Master’s degree in Accounting
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in