Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Thundermist Health Center & they are Hiring Candidates for Behavioral Health Case Manager
Company Name : Thundermist Health Center
Company Location : 1 River Street, South Kingstown, RI 02879
Job Position : Behavioral Health Case Manager
Job Category : Jobs in Rhode Island
Job Description :
Thundermist’s Mission – To improve the health of our patients and communities by delivering exceptional health care, removing barriers to that care, and advancing healthy lifestyles.
Please note, effective September 1,2021, all Thundermist employees are required to have an initial dose of vaccine to prevent Covid-19. Effective October 1, 2021, all employees of RI licensed health care facilities must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Employees may be deemed exempt from this requirement based on documentation from their health care provider.
Job Title: Behavioral Health Case Manager Reports to: Behavioral Health Site Supervisor
Department: Behavioral Health and Social Services FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Grade: 6 Version Date: August 2022
The Behavioral Health Case Manager (BHCM) works directly with the Behavioral Health Counselors to provide case management services to patients assigned to them. The BHCM will screen patients for SDOH and provide primarily office-based case management services (occasional home visits may be required), crisis intervention, care coordination and supportive counseling. They will provide support and advocacy to assist patients in achieving optimum health and well-being. The BHCM will ensure timely follow-up for high-risk patients who have missed or failed to schedule an appointment at expected intervals (e.g., weekly therapy). The BHCM will work with members of the front desk, contract center and primary care teams to ensure patients have access to their assigned Behavioral Health Counselor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field, or 3-5 years of related experience
- One year of social work case management experience with high-risk families and individuals
- Strong demonstrated communication skills, written and verbal
- BLS certification (or completion within 30 days of hire)
- 30-hour Behavioral Health certification
- Experience working with diverse populations.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Previous Health Literacy, Motivational Interviewing, Collaborative Care Planning training
- Candidates who do not meet all of the preferred qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Significant Job Functions:
- The BH Case Manager will be trained to conduct ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences Screening) and to engage patients in a discussion around the potential impact of ACES on health outcomes, making appropriate referrals for adults and children.
- The BH Case Manager will participate in enhanced care, behavioral health and other departmental meetings as required. They will utilize the Current Care Dashboard and other tools to monitor service utilization of their assigned high-risk patients across the health care system. Functions as a part of the behavioral health team accepting referrals from behavioral health providers
- Identify patients in need of SDOH (social determinants of health) screen, administer screen and document screening results in EHR.
- Provide case management support to patients who screen positive for SDOH and document referrals for services to address social determinants of health.
- As a part of case management, provides necessary referrals for services such as mental health and substance abuse counseling, DCYF, HIV/AIDS case management, Health Care for the Homeless, Family Planning, and others as appropriate.
- Develop a treatment plan with the client to set goals and objectives.
- Ability to identify and conduct ACES screenings for eligible patients (patients screened annually) and document screening results in the EHR.
- Monitor Current Care dashboard to track ED utilization of assigned BH patients. Coordinate with care team (Care Management Assistants, NCMs, etc) for follow-up plan for patient.
- Work to assist patient in re-engaging in appropriate level of care post hospitalization or ED visit.
- Participate on THC committees as directed.
Physical Effort/ Environment:
- This position is performed onsite at a Thundermist location.
- Moderate physical activity with mobility is required to enable meeting with patients throughout the health center as well as occasional home visiting required. Writing ability required for patient records. Computer skills are also required.
Work Schedule Demands:
- As scheduled. Some evenings required. May require flexibility when necessary for patient crisis.
- Documents clearly and concisely all interactions in integrated EHR.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from providers, hospitals, health center staff, patients, and their families.
- Proven written skills to document a medical record and submit documentation
Confidentiality of Information:
Thundermist is dedicated in securing the privacy and confidentiality of protected health information under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. It is the responsibility of all employees to comply to state and federal guidelines in accessing sensitive information. Additionally, this role will have access to sensitive agency information.
The incumbent must apply strict confidentiality.
ADA & EEOC Statement:
Thundermist is dedicated to the goal of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce committed to caring for patients in a manner that is respectful of cultural difference. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thundermist is dedicated to the goal of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce committed to caring for patients in a manner that is respectful of cultural difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in