Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in NYS Public Employees Federation & they are Hiring Candidates for Benefits Administrator
Company Name : NYS Public Employees Federation
Company Location : Latham, NY
Job Position : Benefits Administrator
Job Category : Jobs in New York
Job Description :
The NYS Public Employees Federation (PEF) is a labor union representing around 50,000 professional, scientific, and technical workers in NYS government. Members include healthcare, education, corrections and supervision, youth services, direct care, and other professional titles.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director or his/her designee, is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office as well as participation as assigned in labor relations activities including Labor/Management committees, grievance processing and collective negotiations.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in personnel, human resources, or employee benefits administration.
Successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Expert in benefit administration (health insurance, FSA, retirement plans, short and long-term disability, life insurance, workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance and other related programs and benefits).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of ADP system is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Initiative to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to clearly communicate matters to all levels of management and staff.
1. * Administration of the health benefits program for PEF staff.
2. * Administration of all aspects of insurance coverage for PEF staff, including long term disability, life, disability, workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance and other related benefits.
3. * Administration of all aspects of the personnel hiring process, including posting vacancies, advertising, acknowledging resumes, initial screening, scheduling interview, interviewing administrative applicants, follow-up, offers of employment and accompanying paperwork and files.
4. * Ensuring administrative staff coverage at headquarters, especially coverage for scheduled vacations and emergency absences.
5. * Supervising the receptionist/switchboard operator and administering the relief schedule for the receptionist/switchboard.
6. * As directed, representing PEF as a member of various PEF/USW joint committees.
7. * Assist the chief negotiator in connection with PEF/USW negotiations, including participating as a member of the negotiating team, as directed.
8. * Maintaining headquarters staff and telephone lists and regional office lists.
9. * Assisting with arranging for temporary clerical help.
10. * Administering tracking system for staff probation, pension, promotion, long term disability and required payroll transactions.
11. * Development and maintenance of staff job descriptions.
12. * Coordinating administrative staff training.
13. * Maintaining confidential personnel files.
14. * Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or his/her designee.
15. * Consistent and reliable attendance.
* Identifies essential function/fundamental job duties.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary Range: $56,772.00 – $66,463.00 (based on experience)
PEF offers excellent benefits, such as:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with low payroll deductions
- Group Paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401-k with Safe Harbor
- Pension Plan through SEIU
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick, and personal time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $56,772.00 – $66,463.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in