Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Rhode Island Parent Information Network & they are Hiring Candidates for Bilingual Family Outreach Coordinator
Company Name : Rhode Island Parent Information Network
Company Location : Warwick, RI 02888
Job Position : Bilingual Family Outreach Coordinator
Job Category : Jobs in Rhode Island
Job Description :
Rhode Island Parent Information Network, Inc.
Bilingual Family Outreach Coordinator
Salary Range: $19-$21/hour
RIPIN (Rhode Island Parent Information Network) deploys a peer model to support people with special healthcare and education needs across the whole lifespan. Founded in 1991 by a group of parents of children with special needs, RIPIN continues to be peer-led: a majority of our board and more than three-fourths of our staff are parents or caretakers of loved ones with special needs. RIPIN’s peer professionals now help more than 45,000 Rhode Islanders every year navigate healthcare, schools, and other support systems.
The Coordinator will ensure that RIPIN is reaching Spanish-speaking families with resources and support to help them engage in their childrens education, with a focus on the Core Cities of Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls, and Woonsocket. The Coordinator will develop and foster connections with key partners working within these communities (schools, nonprofits, churches, etc.), help to develop Spanish-language community outreach materials and presentations about education for students with disabilities and other at-risk students, and deliver those presentations. Most presentations will be virtual until COVID allows in-person activities.
- Ensure that RIPINs workshops and services reach Spanish-speaking families in Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls, and Woonsocket
- Develop and foster connections with partner organizations serving Spanish-speaking families in Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls, and Woonsocket, such as schools, community-based organizations, churches, Health Equity Zones, Child Opportunity Zones, etc.
- Create Spanish-language trainings, workshops, online videos, and other materials custom-designed to help Spanish-speaking families engage with their children’s schools, with a focus on topics relevant for parents raising students with disabilities, learning differences, or other factors putting them at risk for poor educational outcomes
- Deliver Spanish-language presentations and support Spanish-language outreach activities
- Solicit input from the communities served, and develop material responsive to that input
- Document work and track achievements as required by supervisor
- Accept other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment to RIPINs mission
- Fluency in English and Spanish required, both spoken and written
- High level of written and oral communications skills, especially in Spanish, and including strong public speaking ability
- Knowledge about education and special education strongly preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to develop and foster business relationships and partnerships
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
Education and Experience:
- Personal experience navigating special education, social, and/or healthcare systems on behalf of self or a loved one highly desired
- High school diploma/GED required; Associates or Bachelors preferred
- Experience working with and outreaching to Spanish-speaking communities preferred
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Community Health Worker certification preferred; non-certified staff are expected to earn certification within 18 months of hire date
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb stairs, reach, stretch, stand and bend. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds.
Working Conditions/ Work Environment:
- May need to work in a variety of uncontrolled venues/environments
- Flexible schedule including night/weekend hours required to meet the needs of the program
- Travel to any and all cities and towns in Rhode Island as assigned
- Provide own reliable transportation with proof of RI minimum requirements of auto insurance
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RIPIN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
This description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations required of his/her position. As the nature of the Agency’s work changes, so too, may the essential functions of this position.
Please note: As of January 10, 2022, all persons employed by RIPIN are required to have completed a full vaccination series against the COVID-19 virus or submit to weekly COVID-19 PCR testing.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in