Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in New Directions Career Center & they are Hiring Candidates for Career Counselor
Company Name : New Directions Career Center
Company Location : 2760 Airport Dr, Columbus, OH 43219
Job Position : Career Counselor
Job Category : Jobs in Ohio
Job Description :
Please attach a COVER LETTER in addition to the resume.
POSITION TITLE: Career Counselor and Instructor
LOCATION: Columbus, Ohio: hybrid
REPORTS TO: Program Director
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
New Directions Career Center seeks a Career Counselor and Instructor to support our clients, particularly the women in the Tech Women of Color (TWOC) initiative in setting and achieving personal, professional, and financial goals.
Tech Women of Color (TWOC) is a ground-breaking new initiative that New Directions delivers in partnership with Per Scholas Columbus to annually support one hundred women of color who are unemployed and underemployed to advance into high-growth, high-wage careers. In a supportive community, TWOC learners complete a 15-week preparation course that includes tech training, career development, personal and financial wellness education, and individualized SMART goal setting and planning. Following completion of the preparation course, graduates receive one year of individualized career placement and supportive services.
The successful candidate will have a strong career counseling and case management experience with diverse adult populations as well as the ability to provide group instruction. The role is a unique opportunity to collaborate and play a leading role in laying the groundwork and success for an innovative approach to workforce development. The Career Counselor will report to the Program Director and will continuously enhance the quality and effectiveness of New Directions and the TWOC and New Directions partnership.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Individual Career Counseling, Case Management, and Supportive Services
· Conduct individual case management, goal setting, plan development, and career coaching sessions; partner with TWOC learners & graduates as they develop and execute their individual plans with a focus on holistic aspects such as supportive services, financial wellness, and goal setting and achievement
· Conduct Individual Career Counseling appointments with New Directions clients to explore career fields, interests, aptitudes, skills, and values in order to inform career planning development
· Support clients in the development of individualized career plans that include goals, objectives and action steps
· Conduct follow up and coaching with clients to support career plan achievement
· Support client in identifying and mitigating barriers through internal and external resources
· Provide client with referrals and resources that support successful career plan execution
· Assist TWOC graduates and New Directions clients in completing financial assistance applications and if approved, coordinate the approved use of funds
· Provide group instruction on career development related subjects such as personal and career assessments, communication skills, networking, strengths, wellness and SMART goal planning
· In conjunction with initiative partners, develop curriculum and classroom activities that attend to diverse cultural backgrounds, multiple learning styles, accessibility and comprehension of course materials
· Provide regular and clear communication with TWOC learners and fellow classroom instructors
· Assist with program design, implementation, and evaluation
Achieving Outcomes and General Responsibilities
· Support the collection of program outcomes and success stories via regular follow-up with TWOC learners & graduates and partners
· Analyze data outcomes and make recommendations for program improvement
· Update and improve program curriculum and resources
· Maintain consistent and professional communication including meetings, phone calls, and written communications with TWOC point-of-contacts and partners
· Participate in staff meetings, professional development, and committee work
· Assist with New Directions and TWOC events as appropriate/needed
Perform other general administrative duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- Master’s degree in Counseling or Social Work with licensure (e.g. LiSW, LPCC)
· 2+ years’ of experience providing case management or individualized career coaching
· 2+ years’ of experience facilitating group instruction, preferably with adult learners
· Strong passion for New Directions’ mission and core values
· Experience working with women and diverse adult client population; Preferred knowledge of trauma-informed approaches, women’s issues, poverty, cultural diversity, and adult learning needs
· Knowledge of career development, career exploration, and career planning services
· Knowledge of community resources for services and material assistance, preferably in the Central Ohio community
· Advocate for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion environment
· Must work well in a small, fast-paced organization – both independently and as part of a team
· Proficient in the use of Windows 10, Microsoft Office applications, and zoom or other digital meeting platforms.
- Follows TWOC program schedule, primarily day-time hours with need for occasional evening availability – can flex schedule to accommodate this.
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, and collaborative environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
- You have a strong passion for New Directions’ mission and core values
- You are an advocate for a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment
- You are focused on relationship development and rapport building with stakeholders
- You take a strengths-based, data-driven, and results-oriented approach to your work
- You are a forward-looking catalyst for positive social change
- You are a resourceful thinker
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills
- You are tech savvy and can troubleshoot tech challenges in a supportive way
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals, particularly women, from any community have the capacity to achieve their goals and access well-paying and valuable career positions
WHY WORK HERE?
New Directions Career Center practices what we teach in our career development, wellness-based programs. We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization and are positive agents of change for a more equitable and inclusive community. Our workplace culture celebrates diversity and is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment with self-development opportunities and supportive leadership. New Directions provides health, vision, dental, and life insurance and short term disability in addition to generous paid time off benefits. If you want to work in a small and mighty progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT NEW DIRECTIONS CAREER CENTER:
New Directions Career Center is in its 42nd year of providing high quality career counseling, education, and supportive services to help thousands of women achieve affirming and satisfying career paths. We accomplish our mission of uplifting and empowering women to achieve and maintain self-sufficiency by offering a holistic suite of career development programs, workshops, and individualized services including career counseling, employment readiness and placement services, mediation services, and support services.
Learn more at newdirectionscc.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
New Directions is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military status, citizenship, or any other status or condition protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $56,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master’s (Required)
- counseling or social work license (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Columbus, OH 43219
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in