Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Chattahoochee Valley Community College & they are Hiring Candidates for CEVSS Program Coordinator
Company Name : Chattahoochee Valley Community College
Company Location : Phenix City, AL 36869
Job Position : CEVSS Program Coordinator
Job Category : Jobs in Alabama
Job Description :
SALARY: See Position Description
OPENING DATE: 11/04/22
CLOSING DATE: 11/18/22 11:59 PM
CAMPUS LOCATION: Chattahoochee Valley Community College
NOTE: CHATTAHOOCHEE VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE OBSERVES EASTERN TIME. ALL TIMES ARE SHOWN IN EASTERN TIME.
This position involves performance duties for a federally funded project and is contingent on continued federal funding. In the event that funds for this position are discontinued or significantly reduced or if federal requirements for funding this project no longer include this position, the College shall have the right to discontinue the position. Neither tenure or non-probationary status may be attained in this position.
The Center of Excellence for Veterans Student Services (CEVSS) Program Coordinator reports directly to the CEVSS Program Director and aids in the administration of the CEVSS Grant. The Program Coordinator aids in the day-to day management of the grant, ensures the quality of the project, and oversees the successful integration of grant activities. The Program Coordinator will perform a variety of administrative functions and will work collaboratively with administrators, faculty, and students in promoting the student academic and personal achievement within a learning centered environment. Additionally, this individual must coordinate a comprehensive and collaborative campus-wide effort to maximize the recruitment, retention, and graduation of veterans, military personnel, and their families.
Salary: Appropriate placement on Salary Schedule C3, Rank 1: $47,572-75,267
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated on this vacancy notice and must submit a completed online application packet through the online application system by the deadline date in order to be considered for this position. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
A complete application packet consists of the following:
- Online employment application
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Copies of all college transcripts
- Copy of military discharge document
Verification of experience (employment) will be required after the interview process and prior to an offer of employment. Letter(s) must come from current and/or former employers, verifying employment experience to meet minimum required qualifications and for appropriate placement on the salary schedule.
Letter(s) must include employment dates, employment status, and job title and be on official letterhead with an authorized personnel signature. Application materials, including transcripts, must provide documentation that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications.
Degrees must be posted on transcripts.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, official transcripts may be requested by the College prior to extension of an employment agreement to the successful candidate. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Once submitted, all application materials become the property of CVCC. Only applications received during the period of the announcement will be considered. NO PHOTOS, please. Request for copies of application materials, including transcripts, will be denied by the College.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible, or as negotiated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
2. Manage reporting systems and records.
3. Participate in pre-college orientation, preview days, student advising, registration, and schedule adjudgments as assigned.
4. Coordinate and provide referrals for local veteran resources.
5. Assist with developing tracking systems and survey instruments to measure students’ success in receiving project services, analyze data, and present results.
6. Assist with establishing procedures for grant implementation and program operations.
7. Assist with preparation of institutional, state, and federal reports for the CEVSS Grant.
8. Assist with developing, implementing, tracking, and assessing unit plans for CEVSS.
9. Assist with departmental budget.
10. Assist with guiding activities for the Program.
11. Establish a Center of Excellence for Veteran Student Success (CEVSS) on campus to provide a single point of contact to coordinate comprehensive support services for CVCC’s current and future veteran students. Veteran students would benefit from additional coordinated, specialized services that would be available through the Center.
12. Creating a Veteran Student Support Team. The team will include representatives from the offices of admissions and registration, financial aid, veteran benefits, academic advising, student health, personal and career advising, Institutional Research, disabilities services, and other offices of the institution. Offices will support students on campus to assist veteran students with the tools and resources needed to successfully navigate college life.
13. Monitoring the rates of veteran student enrollment, persistence, and completion.
14. Create and implement a plan for outreach, recruitment and retention of veteran students for the CEVSS program and CVCC.
15. Supportive instructional services for veteran students, include: Personal, academic, and career counseling, as an ongoing part of the program; Tutoring and educational skill- building instruction assistance, as needed; and assistance with special admissions and transfer of credit from previous postsecondary education or experience.
16. Create and coordinate veteran student organizations and veteran student support groups on campus.
17. Create and coordinate academic advising and admissions counseling with military bases and national guard units in the area.
18. Establish other support services the institution determines to be necessary to ensure the success of veterans in achieving educational and career goals.
19. Create a Veterans Student Organization to provide a support network for veterans, and dependents.
20. Establish services to help prepare veteran students for success in college and after.
21. Ensure that information communicated in College publications, the College website, and other College resources is updated and accurate.
22. Assist the CEVSS Program Director in representing the project at all appropriate meetings both on and off campus.
23. Represent the CEVSS Program Director at formal meetings and occasions, as needed.
24. Works with relevant campus constituencies to develop programming for veterans, military personnel, and their families in compliance with CEVSS Grant requirements/regulations.
25. Coordinates outreach with local and regional military and veteran organizations for participants.
26. Develops and implements programs aimed at the retention and graduation of Veterans.
27. Provides orientation to incoming participants of the CEVSS program
28. Assist student participants with connecting with the College’s School Certifying Official.
29. Provides training and educational endeavors for faculty and staff about issues facing students who are veterans, first-generation, low-income, or as individuals with a disability.
30. Collaborates with the Institutional Effectiveness Office to collect and maintain data on participants and similar cohorts not served by the program, including enrollment statistics, retention and graduation rates and needs assessments.
31. Coordinates with Marketing to develop publication materials for program services, recruitment, and outreach efforts.
32. Participates in professional development activities to stay abreast of emerging trends in the field.
33. Serves on College committees.
34. Completes required Federal reports for CEVSS.
35. Supervises CEVSS staff; Maintains security of case files for participants.
36. Participate in graduation and other College activities.
37. Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the College.
2. Maintain confidentiality of identified sensitive information and of departmental information.
3. Remain current in and enhance professional knowledge and skills through professional development and continuing education.
4. Interact with and serve diverse student and employee populations in a courteous and friendly manner.
5. Adhere to College standards of professionalism and confidentiality, including courteous and friendly interaction with other CVCC employees.
6. Maintain appropriate work hours as outlined in State and College policies and assigned by supervisor or dean.
7. Recruit potential students and assist in retention efforts for the CEVSS Program.
8. Positively represent the institution.
9. Attend department and division meetings.
10. Participate in advance registration, regular registration, and schedule adjustment as assigned.
11. Serve on committees as assigned.
12. Participate in graduation and other college activities.
13. Participate in the College’s strategic planning and strategic enrollment management planning processes.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three years’ experience in higher education or relevant work experience
- Three years’ service in the military, with honorable discharge
- Ability to work under supervision, in a team, and independently Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and high degree of workplace professionalism Ability to work a flexible, nonstandard work week
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with English language proficiency Proficiency in public speaking before both small and large groups.
- Competent use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
APPLICATION PROCEDURES/ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
All correspondence with applicants regarding this search process will be sent via email.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications indicated on this vacancy announcement and must submit a complete application packet via the online application process by the deadline in order to be considered. PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD PHOTOS.
The online application link is found on the employment page of the College’s website at https://www.cv.edu/about/leadership/human-resources/ and https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/accs/chattahoochee.
Applicants who fail to submit all required information will be disqualified. Only applications received during the period of this announcement will be considered. The College will not incur the cost of applicants’ interview expenses. Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
All male applicants between the age of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant selected for employment will be required to sign a consent form and to submit payment for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. In the event a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures established for the Board of Trustees policy concerning criminal background checks will be followed.
Chattahoochee Valley Community College (CVCC) is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) which electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to
work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security. Applicants hired by CVCC will be subject to the E-Verify process pursuant to Act. No. 2011-535.
CVCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. CVCC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified candidates or employees. CVCC reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding.
CEVSS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,572.00 – $75,267.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in