Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Department of Fish And Game & they are Hiring Candidates for Community Engagement Biologist
Company Name : Department of Fish And Game
Company Location : Westborough, MA
Job Position : Community Engagement Biologist
Job Category : Jobs in Massachusetts
Job Description :
The Massachusetts Department of Fish & Game works to preserve the state’s natural resources and people’s right to conservation of those resources, as protected by Article 97 of the Massachusetts Constitution. To carry out this mission, the Department exercises responsibility over the Commonwealth’s marine and freshwater fisheries, wildlife species, plants, and natural communities, as well as the habitats that support them.
The Massachusetts Division of Fisheries and Wildlife (DFW) is responsible for the conservation – including restoration, protection, and management – of fish and wildlife resources for the benefit and enjoyment of the public.
The Department of Fish and Game, Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, is accepting resumes and applications for the position of Community Engagement Biologist (Game Biologist III) assigned to the Field Headquarters, Westborough, MA.
A cover letter and resume must be submitted as part of the application process and attached “as relevant” to the requisition.
The Community Engagement Biologist (Game Biologist III), as a member of the Wildlife Section, works on projects and initiatives where wildlife and humans intersect. The Community Engagement Biologist works directly with Wildlife Section biologists and works closely with Information and Education staff to improve public understanding and appreciation for wildlife found in Massachusetts communities, to engage local decision-makers and the public on issues relating to human-wildlife conflict, and to increase public understanding of and access for hunting and other wildlife-based recreations. This position interacts extensively with the public, builds relationships with community members, and contributes to MassWildlife’s effort to engage and serve broad constituencies.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Wildlife Research, in the Division of Fisheries and Wildlife, the Community Engagement Biologist:
- Respond to reports and inquiries regarding human-wildlife interactions from the general public, municipal entities, state and federal entities, and the media.
- Work with Project Leaders (Game Biologist IV) including black bear/furbearer, deer, turkey, waterfowl / migratory bird, and upland game projects to develop and implement protocols and communications related to interactions between humans and wildlife.
- Work with staff from information and education to develop website content, facebook posts and other public outreach materials related to: (1) enjoying, appreciating, understanding, and living with wildlife in communities, (2) addressing wildlife conflict when it arises, (3) promoting wildlife conservation and management, research, and (4) increasing understanding and acceptance of hunting.
- Meet with constituents and decision-makers on a regular basis and give presentations and conduct other forms of outreach to the public, organizations, professionals, and other agencies on wildlife management and research, the role of hunting as a management tool and recreational activity, and other topics related to coexisting with and appreciating wildlife within local communities.
- Work with property owners, including private, municipal, state and federal to assist with issues related to human-wildlife interactions and to increase understanding of and public access for hunting.
- Collaborate with other Wildlife Section biologists to identify, prioritize and review regulations to reduce/remove hunting barriers.
- Collect, manage, analyze, and report on human-wildlife interaction data.
- Assists project leaders with trainings and responses to large animal issues and maintains inventory of related materials and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT HIRE (List knowledge’s, skills, abilities)
- Extensive knowledge of biology, mammalogy, ornithology, ecology, and related sciences.
- Extensive experience communicating wildlife management and research (both orally and written) to the public and professionals.
- Considerable knowledge of wildlife management issues including ecological, sociological, and political considerations.
- Extensive knowledge of scientific research methodologies (hypothesis testing, research design, data collection and data analysis).
- Extensive experience using computer programs for analyzing, organizing and communicating wildlife-related data (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, GIS, etc).
- Ability to analyze and communicate ecological and sociological data.
- Ability to develop surveys to hunters and to the public and analyze data collected.
- Ability to design and implement scientific research projects on a supervised and unsupervised basis.
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific data for purposes of recommending appropriate course of action with respect to resource management.
A Bachelor’s degree or higher in wildlife management, wildlife biology or closely related field and four years of professional work experience in wildlife resource management, research, or habitat management.
- Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
When you embark on a career with the Commonwealth, you are offered an outstanding suite of employee benefits that add to the overall value of your compensation package. We take pride in providing a work experience that supports you, your loved ones, and your future.
Want the specifics? Explore our Employee Benefits and Rewards!
: Game Biologist III
: United States-Massachusetts-Westborough-Rabbit Hill Road
: Department of Fish And Game
: Oct 28, 2022, 2:42:48 PM
: 65,323.70 – 96,067.40 Yearly
: Melixza Esenyie – 6176261282
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in