Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Empower AI Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for Data Center Engineer (EOL Project)
Company Name : Empower AI Inc.
Company Location : Stennis Space Center, MS 39529
Job Position : Data Center Engineer (EOL Project)
Job Category : Jobs in Delaware
Job Description :
Empower AI is proud to be recognized as a 2022 Military Friendly Employer by Viqtory, the publisher of G.I. Jobs. This designation reflects the company’s commitment to hiring and supporting active-duty and veteran employees.
DIGIT is looking for a Data Center Engineer to support our customer with an enterprise data center migration project. Stationed in at the Stennis Data Center, but with traveling to regional office buildings across the country, this position will require a hands-on approach to support this large-scale effort for migrating infrastructure, which includes the installation and decommission of physical servers at each location, assessing physical infrastructure pre and post installation, update inventory, and document The role requires problem solving skills and flexibility in a dynamic work environment. The candidate will interact closely with internal Infrastructure teams to accomplish the work and for developing Infrastructure Data Center documentation. You will also analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex problems with Data Center services (business applications, networking and hardware) and prioritize tasks based on service level criteria.
This position shall perform the following (to include but not limited to) activities:
- Inventory validation of data center compute, storage, networking, and environmental support equipment.
- Collaborating with various IT teams to facilitate change management, logistics and coordination.
- Offlining and onlining equipment.
- Facilitating the packaging and shipping of equipment to alternate data centers and/or centralized warehouse locations.
- Coordinating with Data Center Operations on the install at destination data centers.
- Coordinating with various IT teams for the onlining.
- Be involved in design, build, migration and capacity expansion; work on the problems and contribute to the solution development.
- Develop and execute Data Center technical drawings (ex. rack elevations, floor layouts).
CONTRACT REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
This following are REQUIRED for this position:
- Public Trust Clearance and ITILv4 Foundation Certification by start date.
- Provides technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Establishes goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Has domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments.
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- May supervise lower level staff if required
- Proven ability to work independently in a full and/or partial remote environment with limited supervision and may supervise/lead others.
- Possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients.
- Demonstrated ability to apply comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments with the ability to use practical experience and training to determine how to accomplish tasks.
CONTRACT DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following are DESIRED for this position:
- Experience supporting industry standard software products
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including holidays and on call as scheduled
- Shall possess the ability to communicate in both oral and written forms, demonstrating an ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff as well as clients.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, positive in approach, professional.
- Strong aptitude for an independent working environment and high productivity rate.
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills.
- Good analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and quickly learn new skills and techniques.
- Proficiency in the Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Chat, Meet, Docs, Slides, Sheets), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Slack, and ServiceNow.
- Must be willing to work a variety of shifts, including holidays as scheduled.Must have recent experience with one or more physical data center migration or communication room move projects (Server Lift and Shift operations).
- Direct experience with Data Center operations.
- Direct experience using ServiceNow for ticket management and inventory management.
- Server, OS, Network, BICSI or data center certification is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Visio.
- Direct experience with Data Center design and optimization initiatives.
- Must be a hands-on Engineer that is willing to “roll up their sleeves” to ensure server moves go smoothly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The following are the education and experience required for this position:
- 4-9 years of experience and bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a remote worker demonstrating time management and self discipline with cultural change management and Agile mindset.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to do the following:
- If remote, maintain home workspace in a safe manner, free from safety hazards and in line with information security policies.
- Communicate verbally in person, over the phone or by video chat and clearly/succinctly in writing, primarily utilizing a keyboard.
- Appear on camera for meetings with co-workers and government partners via video chat and ensure the protection of proprietary company and customer information is consistent with the company’s expectation of information security.
- Viewing computer screens and sitting for long periods of time.
- Some travel (25%), via car or plane, which requires ability to manage luggage, laptop, and briefing materials (up to 25 pounds).
About Empower AI:
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in