Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in C5T Corporation & they are Hiring Candidates for Database Administrator
Company Name : C5T Corporation
Company Location : Scott AFB, IL 62225
Job Position : Database Administrator
Job Category : Jobs in Illinois
Job Description :
This position is onsite in the Scott AFB, IL Area.
C5T Corporation is a Woman-Owned, Certified Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered at Scott AFB, Illinois. Founded in 2005 by three veterans, we value practical, innovation-minded people with a passion for successful mission accomplishment. We bridge the gap between operational and technical domains.
Our core values are:
The Database Administrator is responsible to maintain systems, identify and resolve issues or problems that arise within the database software with minimal supervision.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learns and follows change control procedures for work impacting database availability.
- Responsible for security and implementation of those security concepts, from permissions to encryption options.
- Supports multiple implementations at various versions and support levels. Installs, configure, and provides day to day support after implementation, including off hours as needed.
- Works with database design and query strategy to provide suggestions for optimal performance.
- Completes DBA related tasks as they are associated with the application team and initiatives of the project.
- Supports recovery strategy from backup and recovery to advanced business continuity and disaster recovery options for supported GATES system.
- Maintains professional relationship with application owner/teams, provides support as needed. Facilitates a productive dialogue relative to the success of the services provided.
- Works with operating system, networking, storage, and other underlying components of the infrastructure as it relates to the GATES system.
- Assists in determining the cause of database problems and degraded performance related issues. Determines a solution uses sound judgment to implement the appropriate actions to correct.
- Runs OS based scripts successfully that automate and orchestrate DBA related tasks.
- Solid understanding of database environments supported.
- Proficient with query language.
- Highly driven to self-learn and understand DBA role and expectations of the position.
- Continual self-learning to master most all administrative tasks. Strong understanding of the architecture of the GATES platform and how various components can impact the system from availability to performance.
- Works independently on assignments and contributes to the team frequently.
- Proficient in communications with customers, peers, and management.
- MySQL: 4+ years (Preferred)
- Database administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Oracle: 4+ years (Preferred)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field (Preferred)
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a Secret Security clearance.
- Must have a current, valid Security+ CE certification or ability to obtain one prior to start date.
To show our commitment to our employees and their families we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Disability Plan Options
- Responsible Personal Time Off
- 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) with an exceptional company match
- Flexible spending account
- Health club reimbursement through our Wellness Program
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other similarly protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in