Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Dana-Farber Cancer Institute & they are Hiring Candidates for Database Administrator
Company Name : Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Company Location : 450 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215
Job Position : Database Administrator
Job Category : Jobs in Massachusetts
Job Description :
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Database Administrator creates, designs, integrates and oversees implementation of database systems in a client/server or mainframe environment. With user and assigned personnel, defines and specifies database access, structure, functional capabilities, etc.
- Monitors database performance and works closely with developers and users to tune queries and optimize database performance.
- Ability to work closely with systems administrators and developers to develop optimized systems for data access.
- Develops reports and on-line form images in support of various application programs.
- Assists in database design and implementation and maintains an understanding of the various databases used in the clinical science field.
- Establishes various database objects, such as database procedures, indexes groups and roles in support of database applications and database schema.
- Plans, coordinates, implements and supports database systems, working closely with scientific staff to anticipate and meet program requirements for database infrastructure.
- Assures systems quality and maintenance of database dictionaries.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes.
- May be responsible for review and maintain Oracle clinical data loads.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Bachelors degree required, MS preferred in Computer Science or related field and 3-5 years relevant experience. DB certification or training preferred or equivalent level of experience required.
- Demonstrated expertise or additional certification in SQL and database administration required.
- Experience with Oracle preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and external contacts.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in