Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Pacific Empire & they are Hiring Candidates for Digital News Reporter
Company Name : Pacific Empire
Company Location : Lewiston, ID 83501
Job Position : Digital News Reporter
Job Category : Jobs in Idaho
Job Description :
Responsible for leading the News Department as an essential and in-depth news service, managing and directing all aspects of PER’s news gathering and story production efforts, setting editorial policy, in-depth stories, and ensuring editorial integrity in all PER news formats.
Use Facebook as an instant news hub that in turn directs traffic to Dailyfly.com. All/majority of the Facebook news stories are to be link’s posted from Dailyfly.com.
To create one website (Dailyfly.com) where the community can receive news, events, special programs, contesting, etc. Create valuable website traffic that will generate revenue for the PER/Dailyfly.com news department.
1. PER News
2. Dailyfly.com News Content
3. Social media content
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Leads the development of the long range vision for the news reporting efforts of PER.
o Using Facebook as a traffic generator for Dailyfly.com
· Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of the trends, the development and maintenance of content for the various media that PER uses and will be using (radio, online, and other digital media).
· Appropriately resolves policy conflicts and/or ambiguities.
· Guides station through ethical cross departmental news situations.
· Supervises online news content; including interactions.
· Proposes and coordinates special events and breaking news coverage.
· Ensures the maintenance of the highest level of editorial quality and integrity in the work of the News Department.
· Create a news Department that is recognized as a major source of accurate information about LC Valley issues.
· Experienced as a reporter/producer.
· Plans research, writing and producing news and public affairs program material, including news reports, documentaries and special events coverage or special news programs.
· Establishes and maintains news sources in the community.
· May perform as talent and carry out other on-air work as needed.
· Knows & understands operation of broadcast recording equipment.
· Acts consistently with the highest standards of journalism, business ethics, and personal integrity.
· Preserves confidentiality appropriately.
· Fully capable in editing, field recording, and producing news reports for radio, web and broadcast.
· Ensures the maintenance of news department files, including digital archive of stories broadcast and posted on PER sites and stations.
· Ensures that all communications about news story content are handled appropriately.
· Serves as an ambassador for PER, both formally and informally.
· Participates in station promotions activities as needed.
· Helps listeners and potential listeners connect with PER.
· Fill in for NewsOfOregon.com when their News director is unavailable/on vacation
EXCELLENCE IN THIS POSITION includes the following:
1. A high level of commitment and dedication to the vision of PER/Dailyfly.com.
2. A high level of energy. An obvious enthusiasm for the work of Dailyfly.com. Outgoing, friendly with coworkers, and demonstrates an appropriate sense of humor.
3. Acting consistently with the highest standards of journalism, business ethics and personal integrity. Preserving confidentiality appropriately. Stewarding resources with prudence and accountability.
4. Serving as an excellent ambassador for PER news, both formally and informally. Helping listeners, potential listeners, and Clients connect with Dailyfly.com. Holding leadership positions in the community on boards, committees, and through general volunteer opportunities.
5. Facilitating excellent communications across departments. Fostering open and candid relationships with PER listeners and Clients. Managing conflict constructively.
6. Demonstrating a commitment to the continuous improvement of Dailyfly.com. Ability to fulfill the vision and goal. Demonstrating and encouraging creativity and enthusiasm for this work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.75 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lewiston, ID 83501: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Journalism or writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Lewiston, ID 83501
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in