Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Elderwood & they are Hiring Candidates for Director of Nursing (SNF)
Company Name : Elderwood
Company Location : Burlington, VT 05408
Job Position : Director of Nursing (SNF)
Job Category : Jobs in Vermont
Job Description :
$10,000 (Full Time)
Elderwood at Burlington has exciting changes taking place in the form of NEW LEADERSHIP. We understand it starts at the top. Our valued staff and residents deserve leadership that will provide passion, consistency, trust and vision.
As we work to build our team – we are seeking a clinical leader to fill the vital role of the Director of Nursing (DON)
to join our clinical team and make a difference in the lives of our residents and their families.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication and problem-solving skills, coupled with the gift of inspiring camaraderie and teamwork.
$10k sign-on bonus Included.
The Director of Nursing (DON) assists with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by being responsible for:
- Overall nurse staffing, staff training and development, and management of personnel in the Nursing Services Department of a residential health care facility
- Quality of nursing care assessment, planning, documentation and provision of services to residents
- Coordination of medical and pharmaceutical services in cooperation with the Medical Director, Pharmacy Consultant and Major Vendor Pharmacy
- Proper placement for care of residents, determined in cooperation with facility staff and Attending Physician
- Coordination of inter-disciplinary health care services for residents that are provided by facility staff, other service providers, and consultants
- Participation and promotion of Quality Management activities and programs for ongoing improvement in nursing services to the facility
Core Skills/Competencies for DON position:
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Excellent Communication
- High level leadership skills
- Confidentiality, professional discretion and overall professionalism
About Elderwood at Burlington: located at 98 Starr Farm Road, Burlington, Vermont 05408
- Providing senior care in a setting that reflects the best Lake Champlain and Burlington have to offer, Elderwood at Burlington features a warm, inviting environment for long-term care residents and those requiring short-term rehabilitation. A respiratory therapist is on staff to manage the needs of skilled nursing patients requiring oxygen therapy. The bucolic setting features two bright, spacious rehab gyms with state-of-the-art equipment accommodate physical, occupational and speech therapy.
Join Our Team: Put the CARE back in CAREER – Join our team today! Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Employee of the Month recognition, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Ferry Reimbursement, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Tuition reimbursement program Responsibilities:
- Handle direct orientation and job training of the Assistant Director Nursing Services/Day Supervisor, Head Nurse, Evening Supervisor, Night Supervisor, Medical Records Assistant, and Clinical Instructor.
Hire and terminate employment of department staff, and discipline all personnel in the Nursing Services Department as necessary; conduct Exit Interview with department staff who have worked at the facility at least six months.
Oversee the development and planning of orientation and training program for all department staff in cooperation with the Assistant Director Nursing Services/Day Supervisor, In-service Coordinator, Administrator, and Board President.
Develop ongoing in-service training programs for nursing and other facility staff in cooperation with the Assistant
Director of Nursing Services/Day Supervisor, and Administrative Services Department staff.May serve as the designated Program Coordinator for the Nursing Assistant 100-Hour Training Program; ensure that program is in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
Review and process personnel information including job performance evaluations, status change requests, time sheets, leave of absence requests, etc.
- Remain aware of staff disciplinary actions taken by supervisory staff, and assist with discipline, upon request.
Credentials of a Registered Professional Nurse with a current State license required.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing or administration preferred.
At least two years of supervisory nursing experience and additional training and experience commensurate with the size of the facility and responsibilities of the position required.
Geriatric nursing training preferred.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, utilize creative problem solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
Exhibits characteristics of effective managerial leadership skills. These characteristics should include: desire for improvement; builder of trust; creating an environment where staff can experience pride. Their efforts are directed at allowing each worker to perform his or her own work and performing in a manner consistent with the aims and standards of the organization.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved. Salary: $85,995 – $143,325
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in