Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Maryland & they are Hiring Candidates for DJS Case Management Spec I Community
Company Name : State of Maryland
Company Location : Baltimore, MD 21221
Job Position : DJS Case Management Spec I Community
Job Category : Jobs in Maryland
Job Description :
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Assess the risk a youth’s behavior poses to the public and provide supervision at a level commensurate with that risk so as to enhance community safety;
- Ensure youth are held accountable by utilizing sanctions and incentives to promote pro social behaviors; overseeing victim reparation activities including the payment of restitution and the performance of community service work; informing the court of law breaking incidents, and filing petitions for the Revocation of Probation when necessary;
- Determine the treatment and rehabilitative needs of youth under supervision and coordinate the delivery of services so as to promote the development of those competencies necessary for them to successfully transition to adulthood;
- Report to the juvenile court both orally and in writing whether a youth is progressing under supervision, needs additional services to be ordered, or no longer requires court oversight;
- Report to the juvenile court both orally and in writing whether a youth is progressing under supervision, needs additional services to be ordered, or no longer requires court oversight.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university and two years of experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Social and Behavioral Science major, such as Criminal Justice, Sociology, Human Relations, Psychology, Child and Adolescent Studies, and Social Work.
- One year of experience providing direct services to children in a community or residential setting.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification must obtain certification by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. Include your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required or if you have any questions, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at [email protected] Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in