Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Princeton University & they are Hiring Candidates for Editorial Assistant
Company Name : Princeton University
Company Location : Princeton, NJ 08542
Job Position : Editorial Assistant
Job Category : Jobs in New Jersey
Job Description :
The Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies (PIIRS) seeks an editorial assistant (EA) to join the editorial offices of World Politics, a top-tier, internationally renowned political science journal. In consultation with the managing editor (ME), the editorial assistant (EA) manages a variety of administrative tasks that are essential to the functioning of the journal. These tasks include but are not limited to: managing more than 400 manuscript entries per year in ScholarOne, an online submission system; assisting with financial reporting for the journal; developing social media (in particular, Twitter) for the journal; and maintaining the journal’s web page.
This position may also provide, pending qualifications and interest, the opportunity for the EA to establish and/or grow their editorial skills.
This is a 60% onsite position, with benefits.
The EA oversees a variety of tasks that are essential to the administration and production of the journal. The EA:
- -Logs in manuscripts submitted via ScholarOne, an online submission system, and performs other clerical and administrative tasks as required, including corresponding with submitting authors to ensure proper ms. submission and vetting reviewers suggested by graduate students for conflicts of interest with submitting authors
- -Assists with inviting reviewers and in following up on overdue reviews
- -Helps to maintain and update the World Politics manuscript tracking spreadsheet (Excel) and manuscript submission site (ScholarOne)
- -Maintains folders on Sharepoint, ensuring that all information is current and relevant PDF documents are accessible
- -Compiles reviewer sheets for all reviews and packets of reviews for all original and revised articles (Adobe)
- -Works with the ME and faculty chair to set the meeting schedule for the editorial committee meetings each semester
- -Works with the ME to compile editorial meeting agendas and to assemble meeting review packets
- -In conjunction with journal’s publisher, Johns Hopkins University Press (JHUP), develops all social media (in particular, Twitter) for the journal and maintains the journal’s website
- -Oversees all journal mailings
- -Assists with financial reporting and invoice payments
- –Assists the ME on short-term projects as needed
- -This position may also provide, pending qualifications and interest, the opportunity for the EA to establish and/or grow their editorial skills. Using the Chicago Manual of Style and World Politics’ style guide, the EA may be able to edit, proofread, and otherwise be responsible (through approval for publication) for one journal article each volume year.
The position requires superior administrative skills, such as attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to work under deadline pressure and to juggle shifting and multiple priorities. Prior experience in academia and/or experience in scholarly publishing is a plus.
The EA must have 1–3 years of experience in administration, preferably in academic publishing (or similar); have the ability to work independently, multitask, and meet deadlines; be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative; and have an interest in scholarly publishing.
S/he will have proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Web-based content management systems, Sharepoint, and ScholarOne would be a plus. Candidates should have a proven ability to work well with others as well as autonomously and demonstrate good judgment and flexibility in response to shifting priorities.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours: 21.75 Eligible for Overtime: No Benefits Eligible: Yes Probationary Period: 180 days Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail): No Physical Capacity Exam Required: No Valid Driver’s License Required: No Experience Level: Entry Level : #LI-CL1
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in