Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Virginia Transformer Corp. & they are Hiring Candidates for Electrical Engineer
Company Name : Virginia Transformer Corp.
Company Location : Pocatello, ID 83201
Job Position : Electrical Engineer
Job Category : Jobs in Idaho
Job Description :
- Designs, tests, installs, and maintains large-scale electronic equipment or machinery for use in manufacturing or power generation or transmission. May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments. Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Perform routine tests (ratio, phase rotation, resistance, impedance and loss measurements, power factor, megger, etc.)
- Perform high voltage tests on transformers & switchgear (lightning impulse tests, switching impulse tests, induced voltage measurement with partial discharge, hi-pot, etc.) By operating & troubleshooting with critical equipment like 2400kvp (2.4 million volts) impulse voltage test system and 500kvac (500,000 volts) AC resonant test system.
- Develop various testing & manufacturing processes that improve overall transformer life & at the same time produce quality products by reviewing the test set-up for each test, analyzing the tested results and troubleshoot for problems in case of failures.
- Observe all safety procedures while testing.
- Testing process standardization for high voltage transformers by preparing guidelines or developing new processes for testing & manufacturing department to ensure transformers were built per customer specifications & IEEE/ IEC standards.
- Reduce testing time by proper distribution of task by ensuring that the tests are done per the developed test procedures & implemented processes.
- Analysis OF departmental NCR (non- confirmatory report) and CAR (corrective action report)
- Take oil samples from main tank and transformers and carry out di-electric test. Send samples out for special tests to ensure any hidden damages during high voltage tests.
- Audit each & every manufacturing process at regular intervals and highlight any process deviations. Ensure that all the processes involved in the manufacturing of high voltage and medium voltage power transformers are undertaking as per ISO 9001:2008 documented procedures. Responsible for working out on processes, which are not documented and to bring them under document control by taking necessary approvals from top management.
- Involvement in manufacturing & testing of first 500kv transformer (525kv system voltage/ 1675kvp lightning impulse voltage test level) for renewable energy customer which is a very rare transformer in American power grid system.
- Perform pre-assembly tests (tests during manufacturing stage) & troubleshoot whenever required to reduce the re-work on transformers due to quality issues at later manufacturing stage by introducing supervisor check sheets for every process and modified the existing processes to achieve better outputs.
- Inspect product in-process and after assembly to determine quality, inspection shall include engineering drawings, outlines and designs, mechanical dimensions, electrical wiring and overall appearance of product. Write NCRs for nonconformance items. Follow-up NCRs through rectification or obtain approval before final stamp for shipping. Maintain records of non-conformance. Correct those items.
- Accept responsibility for quality control stamps and affix stamps on product after inspection. Sign off the check sheets once the unit is tested.
Must be COVID vaccinated
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Pocatello, ID 83201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in