Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Montana & they are Hiring Candidates for Enterprise Safety and Workers’ Compensation Specialist
Company Name : State of Montana
Company Location : Helena, MT
Job Position : Enterprise Safety and Workers’ Compensation Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Montana
Job Description :
Why should you keep reading and consider working here?
We know you have other work options, but we ask you to consider working with us at the State of Montana Department of Administration. Our foundation of success is having effective working relationships, built on mutual trust and respect. We will challenge you to be the best you can be and will work hard to provide a work environment that allows you to succeed.
(You can learn more about us here.)
What is this career opportunity?
The State of Montana employs more than 14,000 workers within several agencies, in locations stretching to almost every border of this large state. All employees of the state fall under one worker’s compensation insurance carrier, Montana State Fund, and through their agencies receive varying degrees of support for injury claims, return-to-work and safety guidance. While the State of Montana is generally one employer, agencies operate with a great deal of autonomy to manage their own claims and make determinations about the type of safety culture they want. Within the Department of Administration’s Health Care and Benefits Division, three positions will be dedicated to assisting agencies with managing their injury claims effectively, applying best practice return-to work principles, and utilizing industry proven approaches to effective safety management.
We are seeking an individual who will naturally excel at building relationships with State agencies and be responsible for implementing and facilitating enterprise-wide safety, occupational health, and worker’s compensation programs, to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment for State of Montana employees. Successful incumbent will facilitate program implementation to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local requirements; will provide agency-level safety staff guidance and expertise on programs to reduce workplace injuries; will formulate and implement enterprise-level safety training programs; make recommendations and facilitate work process improvements within their area of responsibility; and provide expertise in fostering employee safety awareness and engagement. Incumbent will also be responsible in assisting agencies with their return-to-work and workers’ compensation claims filing functions. (You can learn more about the division here.)
If you have a passion for workplace safety, seek to apply that passion to a wide variety of occupations and cultures around Montana State Government, and a particular aptitude for effective injury claim management we ask that you express interest in joining the Department of Administration to make a tangible difference in employees’ lives!
What are we looking for?
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in safety management, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, occupational safety and health, or related field. The successful candidate will have three to five years of experience in the occupational safety and health field, with specific experience in employee training, hazard recognition, risk management, and program management. Alternate combinations of education and experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Workers’ Compensation insurance policies, premiums, program, and procedures.
- Risk management and loss control as it relates to a comprehensive employee safety program and development of program.
- Safety laws and regulations and the application of those laws to a large variety of occupations.
- Working knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disability Act (ADA), job safety analysis, and return-to-work programs.
- Training practices and techniques.
- Hazardous operations, recordkeeping requirements, and appropriate control measures including personal protective equipment.
- Workplace risk management, worksite accommodation, and ergonomic programs.
- Translate technical expertise into practical workplace solutions and practices.
- Interface with employees and managers in both positive and challenging situations.
- Maintain confidentiality, as this position has frequent contact and access to confidential personnel information.
- Adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing priorities, and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Effectively collaborate and serve as a resource to agency safety staff to ensure program compliance with federal, state, and local requirements, including the Montana Safety Culture Act.
- Identify and implement task specific training needs to address regulatory requirements and meet agency needs.
- Assist agencies in developing systems and processes to document and maintain records for safety related topics.
- Provide expertise in conducting post-accident and illness investigations to determine why an accident/illness occurred and what can be done to prevent additional injuries from occurring.
- Provide expertise in fostering employee safety awareness and engagement.
- Review work related injury and illness metrics, reports on data trends, and provide information to relevant audiences.
- Provide expertise and methodologies in the areas of safety compliance audits to help agencies prepare for these types of activities.
- Conduct research to stay abreast of safety related trends and best practices.
- Partner with others in the topic areas of emergency response, building evacuation, and related topics, as needed.
- Develop occupational health programs (e.g., hearing conversation, respiratory safety, etc.).
- Assists agencies in conducting worksite inspections and evaluations.
- Develop and implement effective workplace ergonomic programs.
- Assist agency safety staff in the development of processes and systems in reporting injuries in a timely manner to ensure employees are provided with required resources.
- Partner with human resources staff on return-to-work programs and processes to ensure compliance with FMLA, ADA, and leave related policies.
Does this sound like you?
Please tell us how and why by submitting your resume, cover letter, and three professional business references. In your cover letter tell us about why your unique skills and experience make you an excellent candidate for this position.
What can you expect from us in return for your work with our agency?
- Look here to see the additional benefits! They include:
- Work/Life Balance
- Health Coverage
- Retirement plans
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave and Holidays
- And more…
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) – Employment with the State of Montana may qualify you to receive student loan forgiveness under the PSLF. Look here to learn more and see if you may qualify!
Other important information to be aware of.
- This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Only online applications are accepted. By applying online, you are able to receive updates and monitor the status of your application.
: If another department vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may be used for the selection.
: This agency may use a training assignment. Employees in training assignments may be paid below the base pay established by the agency pay rules. Conditions of the training assignment will be stated in writing at the time of hire.
Benefits Package Eligibility
: Health Insurance, Paid Leave & Holidays, Retirement Plan
: Day Job
: Department of Administration
: 000 – None
: Nov 1, 2022, 11:46:46 AM
Closing Date (based on your computer’s timezone): Nov 16, 2022, 12:59:00 AM
: Cover Letter, Resume, References
: Lindsey Trenary |
: [email protected] |
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in