Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in The City of Asheville & they are Hiring Candidates for Fire Investigator I
Company Name : The City of Asheville
Company Location : Asheville, NC 28801
Job Position : Fire Investigator I
Job Category : Jobs in North Carolina
Job Description :
12/5/2022 5:00 PM Eastern
The City of Asheville’s Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Fire Investigator I.
The Fire Marshal’s Office division’s responsibility is to manage the department’s Community Risk Reduction efforts. The purpose of this position is to perform a comprehensive investigation of fires or explosions to determine the cause and origin of these events as part of the overall CRR efforts and prevention of these events in the future. Responsible for understanding the behavior of fire and determining the cause of all types of fires. Investigates site, collects evidence, and prepares reports for educational purposes, code enforcement, court cases or investigating body. Personnel in this position will also perform follow up investigations, prepare to testify in court, and assist in coordinating activities with other agencies. Personnel in this position will also prepare documents and evidence from the scene, which includes drawings, samples, photographs, interviews, and other investigative methods to properly document the incident. This position will also require delivery of public education and code enforcement duties.
Application and Notification:
Candidates must apply by completing and submitting a City of Asheville online application through the NEOGOV system at www.ashevillenc.gov/jobs (Choose Internal Opportunities) no later than December 5, 2022 at 1700 hrs.
Typical Work Schedule: This position may be assigned to a 24-hour shift or may be assigned to a city business weekday schedule.
- Performs fire scene origin and cause investigations.
Take photographs of damage and evidence related to causes of fires or explosions to document investigation findings.
- Utilizes computerized data entry equipment and various word processing, spreadsheet, file maintenance, and/or database programs to enter, store, and/or retrieve information.
- Maintains level of physical fitness required by the City.
- Checks plans and specifications for proposed installation to ensure the codes and ordinances have been followed.
- Attend City Council, City Planning and Zoning, or other City meetings for managing overcrowding issues; attend other special events as required for fire code compliance.
- Provide assistance to company and chief officers.
- Interview witnesses, property owners, and building occupants to obtain information and sworn testimony.
- Maintaining continuing education requirements to keep current and maintain certifications.
- Performs research as requested.
- Communicates with affected parties regarding fire investigations.
- Issues citations as required.
- Prepares and maintains related records and reports.
- Presents educational programs to audiences, which may include children, elderly, and general public.
- Investigates compliance with the City’s codes and ordinances .
- Acquires training through online courses, on the job, and courses offered at the National Fire Academy.
- Analyze evidence and other information to determine probable cause of fire or explosion
- Stays current with applicable codes, standards, and ordinances.
- Performs other similar duties as required.
Qualifications: All Requirements Met by December 5, 2022
2 Years as Senior Firefighter or equivalent rank at another agency
Possession of the following professional certificates issued by the State of North Carolina or other as indicated:
Class C Driver’s License
Fire Inspector I
Fire Life Safety Educator I (within 1 year after assignment)
NC FIT or NFA Fire Investigation Course (within 2 years after assignment)
CPS Technician (within 1 year after assignment)
Youth Firesetter I (within 2 years after assignment)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Basic knowledge of principles and terminology for the field can be learned on the job.
- General knowledge of learned procedures, practices, routines to deal effectively with routine work. Advanced knowledge of procedures and practices to analyze and resolve unusual or difficult problems.
- Thorough knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of the analytical, technical or professional discipline.
- Comprehensive understanding of the field and application of advanced principles, techniques and theory.
- Ability to read and understand basic workplace data, such as simple forms, tables, graphs, schedules, etc.
- Ability to conduct research of existing, internal policies and procedures
- Ability to compile data into a formal report or recommendation shared with others and often verbally presented.
- Ability to think creatively in all areas for the purpose of increasing efficiency and effectiveness. Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written form.
- Ability to research program documents and narrative materials, and develop reports from information gathered.
- Ability to analyze situations to pinpoint problems and assist with solving problems or identifying sources of obstacles.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships as required by work assignments. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policy and procedural guidelines and to apply this understanding to tasks.
- Ability to bring resources together to resolve a problem or provide a solution.
The City of Asheville offers a comprehensive benefit package and other programs, resources, policies and practices that integrate work/life strategies. Our programs have been designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family.
Benefits offered include:
- Health Insurance (choice of several plans) with pharmacy card included
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Services Clinic available during work hours (no co-pay needed)
- Nationally recognized disease management programs
- 5% employer contribution to 401(k)
- ICMA 457 – voluntary
- Contributory retirement system (LGERS)
- 12 days vacation per year increasing with service to 20 days
- 12 days sick leave per year increasing with service to 15 days
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave Sharing Bank
- Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Plans
- Life Insurance (choice of several plans)
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discounts
- College Savings Program (voluntary)
- Long-Term Care Insurance (voluntary)
- Cancer Insurance Plan (voluntary)
City of Asheville
PO Box 7148
Asheville, North Carolina, 28802
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in