Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in City of Paducah, KY & they are Hiring Candidates for Firefighter
Company Name : City of Paducah, KY
Company Location : Paducah, KY
Job Position : Firefighter
Job Category : Jobs in Kentucky
Job Description :
Under general supervision, will perform fire suppression, fire prevention, and inspections; performs life support medical care and emergency medical treatment; performs assigned fire prevention activities.
**When applying, upload your high school diploma/GED equivalent, college transcripts and diploma (if achieved), a current CPAT certification (if applicable), and your DD214 if you have previous military service.
**If you do not have a current CPAT certification, you will need to register to take the CPAT. The CPAT will be on December 10th at the Paducah Expo Center. The registration is now available at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/paducahky
- Performs fire suppression and rescue activities (e.g. operates hose lines and nozzle, ladders and aerial ladders, etc.); responds to fire accident and disaster alarms.
- Performs mop-up and over-haul activities (e.g. takes out walls and ceilings to ensure fire is extinguished, removes furniture, removes debris and cleans up water, etc.).
- Checks equipment and performs tasks to ensure proper operation of emergency and firefighting equipment (e.g. hoses, oxygen tanks, medical kits, locating fluid levels, tire pressure, lights, fuel, stores fire hoses, cleans squad equipment, etc.).
- Performs routine upkeep of building and its contents (e.g. sweeps, mops and waxes floors, washes windows, cleans restroom vacuums carpet).
- Attends training sessions and demonstrations to enhance and maintain self-knowledge of present and new methods and techniques of firefighting and fire inspections.
- Promote fire and safety prevention as assigned.
- Perform fire inspections as assigned.
- Prepares and submits records, reports or other documentation as required, (e.g. work performed, run reports, state reports etc.).
- As assigned, drives and operates motorized firefighting equipment.
Must be at least nineteen (19) years of age, must possess a minimum educational requirement of a high school diploma, or its equivalent as approved by the United States Armed Forces Institute, or a recognized institute of higher learning or the Commonwealth of Kentucky, must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language, must be a person of good moral character, good reputation in the community in which s/he lives, law-abiding, and loyal to the U. S. A. government, must have standard visual acuity without correction, not less than 20/40 in one eye, and 20/100 in the other eye, Applicants must possess a current CPAT certification (testing for this will be available at a later time) unless you are a career Firefighter who has not been separated from service for more than 1 year. Applicants shall have a valid driver’s license.
When applying please upload your high school diploma/GED equivalent, college transcripts and diploma if achieved, current CPAT card (if applicable), and previous military service needs to upload DD214.
If you do not have a current CPAT certification, you will need to register to take the CPAT. We will be providing the CPAT on December 10th at the Paducah Expo Center. The registration is now available at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/paducahky
Written tests will be distributed at a later time after the job posting closes.
Knowledge of department policy and procedure, fire suppression and rescue techniques, fire apparatus operation and maintenance, tools, equipment, and instruments utilized in firefighting operations, safety practices, and procedures. Must be able to demonstrate physical strength and the ability to function in a hazardous environment in full firefighting gear (including SCBA). Ability to follow oral and written instructions, diagnose malfunctions and take appropriate corrective actions. Ability to prepare and deliver speeches to specialized audiences and the general public. Ability to prepare concise and accurate reports.
Ability to perform heavy physical labor in required firefighting equipment under hazardous conditions.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in