Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Washington Dept. of Ecology & they are Hiring Candidates for Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist (IT Data Management – Journey level)
Company Name : State of Washington Dept. of Ecology
Company Location : Washington State
Job Position : Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist (IT Data Management – Journey level)
Job Category : Jobs in Washington
Job Description :
in the subject line.
Keeping Washington Clean and Evergreen
The Spill Prevention, Preparedness, and Response program within the Department of Ecology is looking to fill a
Geographic Information System (GIS) Specialist (IT Data Management – Journey level) position. This position can be located in either our Headquarters Office in
or our Northwest Region Office (NWRO) in
. The location is dependent on where the finalist resides. Upon hire, you must live within a commutable distance from the duty station.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the program’s GIS data, maintaining web map applications, conducting spatial analysis, and developing mobile applications that are all essential for the program. This is an exciting and challenging position for a proven GIS expert and creative problem solver and it will provide many opportunities to build upon existing skills and develop new ones.
Agency Mission: Ecology’s mission is to protect, preserve and enhance Washington’s environment, and promote the wise management of our air, land and water. The agency’s goals are to prevent pollution, clean up pollution and support sustainable communities and natural resources.
During Healthy Washington Roadmap to Recovery, employees are working a combination of in-office and/or telework based on position and business need.
This position is eligible to telework 90% of the time and will be expected to attend in-person meetings and trainings on an as-needed basis. Ecology is following current state guidance regarding mask requirements, health screening questions before entry, and social distancing.
Application Timeline: This position will remain open until filled, with an initial screening date of October 3, 2022. In order to be considered for initial screening, please submit an application on or before of
October 2, 2022. The agency reserves the right to make an appointment any time after the initial screening date.
Please Note: The salary posted above does not include the additional 5% premium pay that this position will receive if it ends up being located in King County.
Ecology cares deeply about employee wellness; we go beyond traditional benefits, proudly offering:
- A healthy life/work balance by offering flexible schedules and telework options for most positions.
- An Infants at Work Program that is based on the long-term health values of infant-parent bonding and breastfeeding newborns.
- Continuous growth and development opportunities.
- A wellness program that offers education, fitness classes, and an agency-wide fondness for outdoor meetings.
- Opportunities to serve your community and make an impact through meaningful work.
Our commitment to DEIR
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect (DEIR) are core values central to Ecology’s work. We strive to be a workplace where we are esteemed for sharing our authentic identities, while advancing our individual professional goals and collaborating to protect, preserve, and enhance the environment for current and future generations.
We believe that DEIR is both a goal and an action. We are on a journey, honoring our shared humanity and taking steps to demonstrate our commitment to a vision where each of us is heard, seen, and valued.
In this role, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team providing Geographic Information System (GIS) tools and expertise to solve complex environmental and public health challenges. As the GIS expert for the program, you will provide meaningful input to program staff on a wide range of topics including unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), mobile data collection, and operations dashboards.
What you will do:
- Design enterprise database storage and data conversion solutions using both Microsoft SQL Server and ESRI databases.
- Provide strategic direction for using geospatial solutions to visualize the program’s data.
- Design, develop, and implement secure mobile applications.
- Program complex mathematical algorithms and functions to analyze environmental data that assists Ecology in understanding oil movement, resources at risk, and spill response capability to make sound data-driven decisions.
- Prepare cartographic products for Program publications, outreach material, and the Legislature.
Option 1: Five (5) years of experience, within the last seven (7) years, in SQL programming, experience with entity relationship modeling and notation, or database report development.
Experience may include some or all of the following: independently analyzing, designing, implementing and maintaining databases, and experience with data extraction and transformation (e.g. ETL).
Option 2: An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or closely related field; or completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in computer programming and database design, database administration, data administration or data analysis AND three (3) years of experience as listed above.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM), or closely related field
AND one (1) year of experience as listed above.
- Additional combinations of education or accredited vocational training, as listed above, substitute for all but (1) one year of experience.
All experience and education combinations that meet the requirements for this position:
College credit hours or degree – as listed above
Years of required experience – as listed above
No college credit hours or degree
5 years of experience
30-59 semester or 45-89 quarter credits.
4 years of experience
60-89 semester or 90-134 quarter credits OR an Associate’s degree OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in IT or related program.
3 years of experience
90-119 semester or 135-179 quarter credits.
2 years of experience
A Bachelor’s Degree
1 year of experience
We highly encourage you to apply even if you do not have some (or all) of the desired experience below.
- A Master’s degree with focus on geography/GIS, computer science, or a natural sciences field and four years of software development experience, including project management, application architecture, C# or comparable programming experience and database administration.
- At least four of the six years of experience should be within the last four years.
- Knowledge of environmental and/or science based business areas.
- Familiarity with commonly accepted IT industry standards and best practices.
- Demonstrated initiative to improve skills through training or other learning opportunities.
- Ability to distill end-user requirements into a technology solution which is centered primarily on Microsoft and ESRI technologies.
Note: Having some (or all) of this desired experience may make your application more competitive in a highly competitive applicant pool.
Ecology seeks diverse applicants: We view diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect through a broad lens including race, ethnicity, class, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status, military background, language, education, life experience, physical disability, neurodiversity, and intersectional identities. Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Need an Accommodation in the application and/or screening process or this job announcement in an alternative format?
- Please call: (360) 407-6186 or email: [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.
- If you are deaf or hard of hearing you can reach the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please e-mail [email protected] Please do not send an email to this address to follow-up on the status of your application. You can view the latest status of your application on your profile’s main page.
- If you are reading this announcement in print format, please enter the following URL to your search engine to apply: https://ecology.wa.gov/About-us/Get-to-know-us/Jobs-at-Ecology.
It’s in the applicant’s best interest to
submit all of the documents listed below. Applications without these documents may be declined.
- A cover letter describing why you are interested in this position.
- A resume outlining your experience and education (if applicable) as it relates to the minimum qualifications of this position.
- Three professional references.
Please do NOT include your salary history. Wage/salary depends on qualifications or rules of promotion, if applicable.
For Your Privacy:
When attaching documents to your application (such as Resume, Cover Letter, Transcripts, DD-214, etc.):
- Please be sure to remove private information such as your social security number, date of birth, etc.
- Do not attach documents that are password-protected, as these documents may not be reviewed and may cause errors within your application when downloaded.
Additional Application Instructions for Current Ecology Employees:
Please make sure to answer the agency-wide questions regarding permanent status as a classified employee within the Washington General Service or Washington Management Service. Do not forget to select Department of Ecology as a response to question 2, and type your personnel ID number for question 3. If you are not sure of your status or do not know your personnel ID number, please contact Human Resources.
The act of submitting application materials electronically is considered affirmation that the information is complete and truthful. The state may verify this information and any untruthful or misleading answers are cause for rejection of your application or dismissal if employed.
If you have specific questions about the position, please email Adam Byrd at: [email protected] Please do not contact Adam to inquire about the status of your application.
To request the full position description: email [email protected]
Why work for Ecology?
As an agency, our mission is to protect, preserve and enhance Washington’s environment for current and future generations. We invest in our employees to create and sustain a working environment that encourages creative leadership, effective resource management, teamwork, professionalism, and accountability.
Joining Ecology means becoming a part of a team committed to protecting and restoring Washington State’s environment. A career in public service allows you to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing our state, while keeping your health and financial security a priority. We combine one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation with a strong commitment to life/work balance.
Ecology employees may be eligible for the following:
Medical/Dental/Vision for employee & dependent(s), Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), Vacation, Sick, and other Leave*, 11 Paid Holidays per year*, Public Service Loan Forgiveness, Tuition Waiver, Long Term Disability & Life Insurance, Deferred Compensation Programs, Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP), Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA), Employee Assistance Program, Commute Trip Reduction Incentives (Download PDF reader), Combined Fund Drive, SmartHealth *See the Benefits tab in this announcement for more information
Student debt: how working for Ecology can help
The Department of Ecology is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Forgiveness Program (PSLF). See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more details.
To learn more about The Department of Ecology, please visit our website at www.ecology.wa.gov and follow, like or visit us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or our blog.
Collective Bargaining: This is a position covered by a bargaining unit for which the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) is the exclusive representative.
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Washington State Department of Ecology is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans, military spouses or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. Persons needing accommodation in the application/testing process or this job announcement in an alternative format may call (360) 407-6186. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Note: This recruitment may be used to fill other positions of the same job classification across the agency. Once all the position(s) from the recruitment announcement are filled, the recruitment may only be used to fill additional open positions for the next sixty (60) days.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in