Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Stantec & they are Hiring Candidates for Geologist
Company Name : Stantec
Company Location : Salt Lake City, UT
Job Position : Geologist
Job Category : Jobs in Utah
Job Description :
Geologist – ( 220003MF )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
We are a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built.
Stantec is seeking a Geologist to join our Mining team in our Salt Lake City office. This position will include performing field investigations (spring and stream sampling, well installations, aquifer testing, soil sampling, etc.), analyzing field and laboratory data, GIS applications, and technical report writing. This position interacts throughout the organization internally and externally with clients and business professionals. Travel is required and some sites require remote field work. A background in hydrogeology and mine site experience is desired. Although focused on mining projects, the role may also support some environmental and water resource projects across the western U.S.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support a broad array of projects and tasks for mining, industrial, and municipal clients including drilling oversight / supervision, groundwater and soil sample collection, and aquifer testing
- Support well design and siting, piezometer design and installation, hydrogeologic investigations, aquifer characterization, and lithologic / stratigraphic logging
- Perform field investigations for geologic and hydrogeologic studies at sites throughout the western U.S. and potentially at international sites
- Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including technical knowledge, field work execution, and task management.
- Prepare reports and technical memos pertaining to field investigations, data collection, and interpreted results, including supporting figures and tables
- Prepare maps and figures and analyze spatial data using GIS
- Experience with numerical groundwater modeling is a plus
- Ability to travel as required for project assignments.
- 25% to 40% field work travel required
- Exemplify Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Promotes policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (if applicable)
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong QA/QC skills
- Willingness to work and travel to remote locations for short periods (e.g. two weeks)
- Ability to work independently in the field at remote sites
- Valid driver’s license is required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geoscience, Hydrogeology, or related field.
- Minimum 0-2 years related experience
- Experience or course work related to hydrogeology and/or groundwater modeling and GIS is strongly desired
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. At Stantec, we live our corporate values every day. The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Primary Location : United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Organization : BC-1829 Mining-US
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 19, 2022, 5:37:24 AM
Req ID: 220003MF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in