Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Thurston County & they are Hiring Candidates for GIS Analyst III
Company Name : Thurston County
Company Location : Olympia, WA 98502
Job Position : GIS Analyst III
Job Category : Jobs in Washington
Job Description :
The closing date for the employment opportunity has been changed from October 31, 2022, to November 13, 2022. To ensure consideration, you are encouraged to submit your application materials as soon as possible.
GIS Analyst III.
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
GIS Analyst III are assigned the highest, most complex demanding clients/users and work independently with only occasional progress checks.
Plans, organizes and manages the technical installation, maintenance, enhancement and operation of computer software or system hardware for GIS business systems, potentially of a large or complex nature.
Incumbents work as professional, technical experts providing leadership, guidance, support and direction on projects ranging from single applications to multiple department deployments and Countywide.
Incumbents provide expertise in data capture, use and analysis; QA/QC of spatial and non-spatial data; integration of spatial analysis tools into department’s business applications; analysis of workflow and daily business of spatial data; analysis and recommendations of optimal data structure.
Provide time and cost estimates; and determine appropriate hardware, software, and network specifications.
Understands the business environment and requirements from the perspective of a businessperson and is conversant in the customer’s business language. Serves as a technical mentor and coach to others.
What we offer our employees:
- Work-Life Balance: We are committed to ensure that our staff experience the reward of public service, while also sustaining a routine that suits each individuals’ lifestyle.
- Plan For Your Future: As a member of our team, you will enjoy great employee benefits, including a retirement plan, pre-tax savings accounts, as well as comprehensive health care and dental/vision care for you and your family. Please visit Benefits 2022 Thurston County Employee Benefit Plans website for more information.
- Paid Leave: Full-time regular employees earn a minimum of 12 paid vacation days per year in addition to 11 paid holidays.
- Robust Training Program: Employees are encouraged to attend County paid training to help them further their career, learn new skill sets, and stay on top of emerging trends in our industry. We also encourage our staff to participate in professional organizations and attend conferences.
- Flexible Work Schedules: Some of the options that employees may take advantage of alternative or compressed schedules and/or remote working.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Employees can take advantage of Section 125 flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket health care and daycare expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness: This is a federal program which allows full-time public service employees who have made 120 qualifying payments for certain loans, to get their student loans repaid. Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Why you’ll love it here:
Thurston County is located between Seattle and Portland in Western Washington’s South Puget Sound Region. Perched in between the mountains and the ocean, the area boasts the perfect blend of year-round outdoor activities including boating, hiking, skiing, and more. The region is also home to the state capitol city of Olympia, known for its many restaurants, microbreweries, coffee shops, farmer’s markets, kids’ activities, history, and art events. Discover more about life in Thurston County at
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information, engineering, geography, or related field. Additional experience, which demonstrates progressive increasing responsibilities, may substitute for education on a year for year basis.
- Three years of experience with GIS mapping related field work or applied use of GIS technology responsibility. Experience must include a demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following to successfully perform the essential job functions of the position:
- Thorough knowledge of hardware including personal computers, network servers.
- Communication devices, printers, plotters, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of software including network and desktop operating systems, office automation, programming languages, database products.
- Thorough knowledge of system and network security.
- Current Washington State Driver’s License or have requested and obtained an appropriate accommodation.
Other desired skills include:
- Master’s degree in GIS or related field
- Spatial statistics
- Land records management and legal descriptions
- ESRI parcel fabric
- ArcGIS Online, Portal, Web AppBuilder or Experience Builder, Spatial Analyst Extension, Geostatistical Analyst Extension
- Agile and/or waterfall project management
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in