Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Umatilla Electric Cooperative & they are Hiring Candidates for GIS Specialist
Company Name : Umatilla Electric Cooperative
Company Location : 750 W Elm Ave, Hermiston, OR 97838
Job Position : GIS Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Oregon
Job Description :
Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a progressive Electric Utility Cooperative located in North Eastern Oregon along the beautiful Columbia River, offering a wide variety of activities year-round. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate. UEC is seeking a full-time GIS Specialist to be located at the utility office in Hermiston Oregon. UEC offers a competitive wage and benefits package and a 4 day, 10 hour a day work week.
This position is responsible for updating the Cooperative’s geographic information system and engineering analysis model and for providing mapping solutions and reports for cooperative needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include other duties as assigned.
- Updates the geographic information system (GIS) and engineering analysis model to reflect corrections or changes made to the electrical system.
- Updates proposed project details within the GIS (for construction, engineering, etc.)
- Edits current GIS and engineering model as directed to ensure locational accuracy and alignment with basemap.
- Produces maps, diagrams, and reports as requested for field operations or UEC staff.
JOB DUTIES may include other duties as assigned.
- Exports data from company systems (Financial, Outage Management, Customer Information/Billing, and Engineering Analysis) as needed for reports and mapping products.
- Assists and trains technical and non-technical end users of GIS in the cooperative’s mapping solutions.
- Undertakes field work as needed to verify and update Cooperative GIS and engineering data. Reports technical issues with GIS database and systems to the GIS Administrator and IT Department.
- Reports data quality or product accessibility issues to the GIS Administrator.
- Occasionally runs engineering analysis models, reports errors or invalid outputs, and presents results.
- Recommends processes to automate or otherwise improve data collection, integration and presentation.
- Complies with Cooperative GIS database and product backup protocols.
- Maintains proficiency in understanding the relationship of GIS and other company systems such as Financial, Outage Management, Customer Information/Billing, and Engineering Analysis.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of technology and GIS functionality. Participates in local professional group meetings, online professional listservs, stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of GIS, database design, and related hardware/software.
- Focuses with detail and accuracy on quality in all aspects of the job.
- Acquires thorough knowledge and familiarity with electric distribution system components and their functions, the National Electric Safety Code, and standard RUS assemblies.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Conducts themselves in a manner that reflects well on UEC and contributes to harmonious relations with members and the general public.
- Respectfully takes direction from the appropriate supervisors.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Education: Associate degree from two-year school in Geographic Information Systems, Cartography, Computer Science, or a related computer-aided design field; or five (5) to six (6) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience and training in ArcGIS or similar mapping software is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimal experience with field data collection is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to respond to common communications from colleagues, regulatory agencies, or members of the Cooperative or business community. Ability to effectively present information to colleagues, management, the public, and/or boards of directors.
- Familiarity with electrical utility systems and engineering analysis is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to comprehend and apply algebra and spatial statistics. Ability to work with concepts such as buffers, network connectivity and flow, query structures, and measurements related to various coordinate systems.
- Proficient in computer technology; adapts and embraces new devices, software applications and technology processes. Must have experience with ArcGIS products and database management software. Has advanced computer skills in such fields as GIS, graphic design, electric system design, statistics and/or web-based training. Familiarity with web mapping services, mobile mapping solutions, modeling/scripting, and working with multiple data formats is preferred
- A valid Driver’s License is required for occasional business travel.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in