Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in University of Illinois & they are Hiring Candidates for Human Resource Associate – VP Faculty Affairs
Company Name : University of Illinois
Company Location : 601 S Morgan, Chicago, IL 60607
Job Position : Human Resource Associate – VP Faculty Affairs
Job Category : Jobs in Illinois
Job Description :
Human Resource Associate – VP Faculty Affairs
Hiring Department: VP Faculty Affairs
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Requisition ID: 1014686
Posting Close Date: November 7, 2022
About the University of Illinois Chicago
UIC is among the nation’s preeminent urban public research universities, a Carnegie RU/VH research institution, and the largest university in Chicago. UIC serves over 34,000 students, comprising one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation and is designated as a Minority Serving Institution (MSI), an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). Through its 16 colleges, UIC produces nationally and internationally recognized multidisciplinary academic programs in concert with civic, corporate and community partners worldwide, including a full complement of health sciences colleges. By emphasizing cutting-edge and transformational research along with a commitment to the success of all students, UIC embodies the dynamic, vibrant and engaged urban university. Recent “Best Colleges” rankings published by U.S. News & World Report, found UIC climbed up in its rankings among top public schools in the nation and among all national universities. UIC has nearly 260,000 alumni, and is one of the largest employers in the city of Chicago.
The HR Associate will work closely with the Associate Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Assistant Vice Provost on a variety of faculty related HR matters involving faculty policies, procedures, and guidelines. This position will be responsible for working with the Associate Director for Administrative Operations in review and management of faculty HR items requiring Provost or Vice Chancellor for Health Affairs approval and with the Executive Director of the CATE for Center HR matters. Salary range is $60,000 – $65,000.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and interpretation of faculty policies, procedures, and processes under the purview of the Office of Faculty Affairs, consulting with senior leadership as appropriate; serves as a resource in communicating with faculty, college administrative HR contacts, staff, and students regarding campus guidelines, policies and procedures, and processes; drafts new and reviews existing policy documents in consultation with the Associate Vice Provost and Assistant Vice Provost and coordination with other campus and University offices as required; prepares/drafts correspondence and documentation as requested by the Associate Vice Provost
- Assists with the review and approval of requests for the rehiring of retired faculty in accordance with The University of Illinois Board of Trustees and campus policies as well as with the review of sabbatical leaves of absence, summer exception requests, and faculty/administrative job descriptions. May assist with tenure system appointment offers, and preparation of items for the Board.
- Conducts data analysis and audit reporting; manages a variety of annual/special projects under the purview of Faculty Affairs (e.g. faculty loss data, Ethics training, file review and archiving/disposal); reviews/documents standard operating procedures for recurring office and project functions; uploads documents to BDMS.
- Provides HR related support for non-faculty human resources from recruitment to on-boarding as needed. This includes processing HR transactions through JDXpert and Cornerstone as well as the HR Front End (HRFE), and other enterprise systems as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Management, Organizational Administration, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Business Administration or a field closely related to the position.
2. Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience performing professional-level human resources duties.
3. Demonstrated experience with faculty appointments and faculty policy application and interpretation.
- Knowledge above the rudimentary understanding of principles and procedures used in human resources (i.e. personnel recruitment, selection, labor relations and negotiation and personnel information systems).
- Knowledge above the rudimentary understanding of federal and state laws, rules, and/or regulations affecting public human resources administration; ability to develop a broad knowledge of those of the employing institution.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Skill in reviewing and formulating/revising human resources policies and procedures and in exercising control over the implementation of policies and procedures.
- Skill in utilizing organization and time management and in effectively managing multiple priorities on a daily basis. Strong/excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to effectively present information including writing and editing reports and other materials and to respond to requests for guidance and/or clarification.
- Ability to employ critical thinking skills, creativity, and ingenuity for effective and timely problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships and to work effectively as a member of a team and/or as a project leader with the public, faculty, staff and administration as well as a variety of external union representatives and organizations.
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret data and have strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to tactfully handle situations involving employee performance/discipline with utmost discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to plan, supervise, and evaluate the work activities of others.
- Ability to handle difficult/complex situations and highly sensitive/confidential material.
- Familiarity with Banner, Business Objects report development and analysis.
To Apply: For fullest consideration click on the Apply Now button, please fully complete all sections of the online application including adding your full work history with specific details of your duties & responsibilities for each position held. Fully complete the education, licensure, certification and language sections. You may upload a resume, cover letter, certifications, licensures, transcripts and diplomas within the application.
Please note that once you have submitted your application you will not be able to make any changes. In order to revise your application you must withdraw and reapply. You will not be able to reapply after the posting close date. Please ensure the application is fully completed and all supporting documents have been uploaded before the posting close date.
Illinois residency is required within 180 days of employment.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
The university provides accommodations to applicants and employees. Request an Accommodation
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in