Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in First Baptist Church & they are Hiring Candidates for Ignite Youth Director
Company Name : First Baptist Church
Company Location : Murfreesboro, TN 37130
Job Position : Ignite Youth Director
Job Category : Jobs in Tennessee
Job Description :
Job Title: Director of Ignite Youth Director
Reports To: Pastor
Position Status: Full-Time
Purpose: The Director of 3L Ministry is responsible for designing, coordinating, and overseeing a comprehensive youth ministry program focused on building young disciples (5 years old – 18 years) for Christ. Areas of focus include group building, worship, multi-faceted discipleship, hospitality, academic excellence and outreach. Serve as an engaging spiritual leader and role model with strong biblical background.
Problem Solver at heart, innovative and creative
Ability to de-escalate and defuse tense situations, works well under pressure
Ability to work on multiple projects under tight schedule and meet deadlines
Self-motivated learner, quick to research and implement
High attention to detail
Hands on, independent and responsible
Passionate and enthusiastic
Exceptional communication and presentation skills
With all positions, the following things are expected:
Present at weekend and weekly services
To be Christ-like in word, deed, places we go, and relationships we have with others
This also applies to our spouses (if applicable)
To be involved in a small group environment
To not be known for slander, gossip, or negativity
To always speak positively about FBC and to talk to the Pastor first if any problems arise
To work well with other leaders at FBC
To come to scheduled meetings unless sick or out of town
To contribute 10% to the cause and mission of FBC via tithe.
- Serve as youth advocate. On a regular basis, educating and enlightening the congregation about the hopes, concerns and needs of the youth in the local church and community.
Leads all youth and children into a deeper relationship with Christ (following the model of
Matthew 28:19-baptizing, making disciples, and teaching.)
Create a path following the Core Principles of First Baptist Church that allows students to become committed to hospitality, worship, discipleship and community impact.
- Hospitality- developing guidelines for discipline and respect of leadership and older individuals, fostering an understanding of hospitality toward all, and being willing to practice servant leadership
- Worship- growing personal and corporate relationships with Jesus Christ, developing a passion and competency for prayer, devotion and spiritual-gift based service to the Lord and others
- Discipleship – creating environments that foster growth that leads to Christian character, responses and expectations; developing a proficiency in the Bible and application of biblical principles; ensure that all teaching is biblically sound and is in alignment with the theology and current teachings of the congregation.
- Community Impact – creating and implementing opportunities for community interaction and impact; cultivating a passion for serving and evangelizing the community, country and world through mission projects
Collaborate with church staff members in a cohesive and open team environment.
Collaborate with church leaders in planning, developing and implementing all aspects of a balanced and engaging youth ministry.
Communicate with church leadership, staff, parents and congregation in a timely manner utilizing available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, bulletin board, etc.).
Ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios. Oversight and maintenance of the database, records, and files (includes background checks for volunteers/workers, contact information for students, release forms for outings/trips).
Manage and compile youth ministry budget for reporting purposes.
Plans and coordinates events, outreaches, retreats and gatherings.
Prepares procedural documents (showing the processes involving getting new volunteers involved, taking overnight trips, etc.).
Maintains, oversees, and services the cleaning, maintenance, and up-keep of the student ministry areas.
Maintain a flexible schedule that allows for approved and scheduled site visits with youth in variety of ways (i.e., attendance at extracurricular activities, times of crisis, etc.)
Invests relationally in students and their families, to include time outside of scheduled church events (i.e., eats lunch with students at local schools)
Personal and Community Development
Research resources and make recommendations for developing the ministry programming.
Pursue and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities for youth ministry practices.
Prefer 2 to 4 years of experience in youth mentoring, youth counseling, youth development plus the following job-related experience:
- Experience developing, organizing, and effectively managing youth programs preferred as a part of a religious community.
- Experience effectively working with children, teenagers, young adults and diverse groups.
- Experience exhibiting a personal and growing relationship with God.
- Experience and training related to: Organizing volunteer efforts; Public relations; Leadership skills
Exercising discretion with confidential information and Program/meeting planning
- Experience coordinating activities and compiling and/or disseminating information related to youth programs/events, civic activities, meeting/travel arrangements, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills and computer skills.
- Experience reading, interpreting, editing and/or extracting information from various sources including policies and procedures, program guidelines, manuals, reports, contacts, invoices and correspondence. I have read and received a copy of my job description. I understand this override anything I have been given or told in the past. I further understand that I am expected to follow my job as outlined above, and that if I have any questions concerning what is expected of me, I will speak with my immediate supervisor identified above.
Reviewing all purchases for approval and submitting requisitions
Reviewing time punches for hourly staff and submitting to payroll
Training staff when new policies and procedures are being implemented
Communication representative for 3L Ministry team
Writing new policies and procedures when required
Managing contracts for Ignite Youth Ministry and work with the Operations Director and
Chairman of Trustees for any venues, artist, etc.
Continued growth of leadership skills by attending conferences or personal studies
Overseeing the leadership of weekly 3L Ministry team meetings
Involved in hiring process of new team members
Assisting team members with time management and problem solving
Supervision of youth ministry staff and volunteers.
Reporting for Ignite Youth Ministry, i.e., weekly, or monthly activity reports, budget recommendations, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Murfreesboro, TN 37130: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in