Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in The State of Oklahoma & they are Hiring Candidates for Immunization IQIP Coordinator
Company Name : The State of Oklahoma
Company Location : Oklahoma County, OK
Job Position : Immunization IQIP Coordinator
Job Category : Jobs in Oklahoma
Job Description :
Job Posting Title
Immunization IQIP Coordinator
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 Immunization Service
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position is up to $60,000 based on education and experience.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to leading Oklahoma to prosperity through health. Our mission is to protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and cultivate conditions by which Oklahoman’s can thrive. We value respect, collaboration, and service.
OSDH is seeking a full time Immunization Quality Improvement for Providers (IQIP) Coordinator providing support to Immunization Services. This is a state employee position PIN 34000413 governed by the
Civil Service Rules
, located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County. OSDH offers a comprehensive
packet, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents. For more information about the benefit allowance, follow this link
Plan Year 2022
. The annual salary for this position is up to $60,000 based on education and experience.
This position supervises the Immunization Quality Assessment team and serves under the direction of the Vaccines for Children (VFC) Manager. This position assists in planning, implementing, and administering the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) evidence-based quality improvement process, Immunization Quality Improvement for Providers (IQIP), with providers enrolled in the VFC federal program.
- Grant writing and work plan implantation.
- Ensures oversight of the CDC developed quality improvement program IQIP.
- Supervises IQIP staff members.
- Promotes and support implementation of provider-level immunization quality improvement strategies.
- Program maintenance and quality improvement activities.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and internal/external partners by providing technical support, fulfilling data requests, delivering quality improvement presentations, and attending in-person meetings and webinars with the goal of increasing overall immunization coverage levels for children and adolescents.
- Ensures oversight of the Kindergarten Survey QI yearly project.
- Performs follow-up assessments to monitor progress of strategy implementation; documentation of assessments into CDC’s IQIP Database; assess immunization coverage using the Oklahoma State Immunization Information System (OSIIS) and the Comprehensive Clinic Assessment Software Application (CoCASA) applications.
- Promotes and support implementation of school-based quality improvement projects focused on immunization coverage results and compliance with school rules.
- Interprets rules and regulations and provide technical assistance to VFC program participants.
- Prepares and distributes informational publications to program participants.
- Attends meetings and trainings related to assignment and represent the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) and OSDH Immunization Program Office.
- Assists with research, writing reports, or other special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree in biological science, health science, social science, public health, or a closely related field plus two years of experience or four years of experience in performing duties such as public health inspections and investigations, preventive health programs, or as a public health nurse or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Knowledge of public health practices, medical terminology as applied to immunizations and vaccine preventable diseases; vaccines, dosing schedules, vaccine administration; childcare and school state immunization requirements; performance management (PM) model and continuous quality improvement (CQI) methods in public health setting. Skilled in communicating the role of public health within the health system and community to diverse audiences for establishing effective working relationships; communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences in both written and verbal methods; to plan, organize, and prioritize time and workload to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines; create and implement training and presentations; development of distance training methods, including conference calls and webinar tools. Ability to use relevant information and individual judgements to determine whether events or processes comply with laws and use of common software products such as Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Combination of office, vehicle, and public establishments. Travel may include traveling during inclement weather. Work is typically performed in an office setting with climate-controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. Ability to drive for hours at a time.
Telework may be considered for a portion of this job based on employee’s skills and abilities, and is subject of OSDH policy and supervisor’s discretion.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on ‘Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma’.