Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Southwest Power Pool & they are Hiring Candidates for Instructional Designer
Company Name : Southwest Power Pool
Company Location : Little Rock, AR 72223
Job Position : Instructional Designer
Job Category : Jobs in Arkansas
Job Description :
Southwest Power Pool (SPP) is about more than power. We’re about the power of relationships. Our employees have the opportunity to work together to ensure electricity is delivered reliably and affordably to the millions of people living in our service territory. We have been voted one of Arkansas’ Best Places to work by Arkansas Business and we are looking for a member of our team who is passionate about our mission to keep the lights on!
We have a core ideology here at SPP that we stand by: Do the right thing, for the right reason, in the right way.
We believe in supporting our employees through a fantastic benefits package:
- Competitive pay with bonus opportunities
- Excellent insurance package including three great medical plans to choose from, employer-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible working environment for positions that are eligible where employees have the flexibility to work from home and come in where collaborative in person work is needed.
- Fantastic contributions to your retirement through a 401(k) savings plan with employer-match benefits and a defined benefit plan fully funded by SPP
The Instructional Designer/Trainer addresses current and future training design and development needs associated with the requirements of the corporate internal technical training program. The Instructional Designer/Trainer works closely with other trainers, departments, and in-house subject matter experts in the systematic process of identifying and providing necessary training and performance support to SPP employees. Additionally, this person is responsible for identifying and maintaining project forecasting and time-requirements with regards to training deliverables including mitigating any associated risks with the training initiatives. This position requires extensive contact and collaboration with employees at all levels including executive management.
- Conduct thorough analyses with stakeholders prior to the development of learning experiences to ensure that the content is aligned with the identified need, gap or changes.
- Identify and mitigate identified risks to project timelines associated with all identified educational initiatives and performance support deliverables.
- Assure the maintenance and accuracy of existing online self-directed training curricula.
- Maintain awareness of business changes and maintain a working knowledge of active revision requests and system enhancements, corporate or industry standards and any other impacting compliance and regulatory standards, processes and procedures
- Lead the identification of process improvements, identified gaps and other process development with the training team for documentation.
- Collaborate with and lead discussions with SPP consultants, SPP trainers, and subject matter experts to conduct analyses to determine training and performance support priorities.
- Make recommendations to management based on all analytical data gathered during the analysis phase including all expected metrics or readiness deliverables and budgetary needs.
- Monitor and research industry trends to identify potential educational gaps, risks and changes to current and future training initiatives
- Research new and upcoming learning methodologies and tools and prepare proposal and recommendations to management based on findings.
- Collaborate with the stakeholders to identify necessary internal and external training deliverables, initiatives and priorities.
- Manage and coordinate meetings with applicable audience to develop in-depth education events on concepts and related technology in order to ensure competencies of procedures and tasks.
- Collaborate with the L&D team on:
- determining most effective online content and e-learning opportunities
- storyboard and script development
- determining most effective (interactive) and engaging presentation of content
- potential enhancements and modifications to ensure content integrity
- Collaborate with SPP business owners to assist with educational needs, identification of gaps, potential risks and most effective way of providing deliverables and modality based on the identified needs. This includes but not limited to the development of testing scenarios for soft/hardware implementation, action step-guides, job aids, curriculum guides, etc.
- Secure all needed support for training programs, including materials, facilities and subject matter experts, and technology (virtual platforms, SPP Learning Center, cameras, telephones, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of piloting new and updated courses according to departmental procedures.
Design and Delivery:
- Design, develop, deliver and evaluate new and existing training courses.
- Design, develop, and courses using the latest technology for adult learning and engagement enhancing activities. Ensure all training deliverables are in accordance to industry, compliance and regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with SPP Operations and performance support trainers, SPP internal stakeholder trainers, other stakeholders to ensure the timely development of training initiatives.
- Design a mechanism by which technical Training is able to measure and monitor the quantitative (ROI) and qualitative value of all educational programs.
- Research and utilize new tools to assist with capturing specified competency metrics for all stakeholder training initiatives.
- Accurately and thoroughly document training projects, ensuring the documentation meets all regulatory requirements and are following the departmental procedures.
- Monitor and measure engagement for all virtual courses using the online tools available to ensure activities, scenarios and simulations are targeting the audience throughout the delivery.
- Utilize computer-based systems and the learning management system to produce online exams and reports.
- Design and develop the appropriate type of assessment, based on the main objectives of the learning event. (i.e. problem-centered assessment, performance-based simulation exercises, standard exams, etc.)
- Understand and comply with SPP Policies and Procedures
- Mentor and coach other instructional designers and trainers
- Manage the documentation necessary for all auditable evidence according to the department process and procedures
- Lead special projects as assigned
- Provide training assistance in areas of expertise to other employees, as needed
- Execute administrative tasks (e.g., e-mails, documentation, etc.)
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work duties and responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences, or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an education/training-related field
- Four (4) years of curriculum design and development experience
- Deep understanding of the systematic approach to training
- Oral and written communications, presentation/facilitation skills, and training development skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, a large volume of work, and stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to facilitate training sessions and work with subject matter experts across the company and with stakeholder company employees
- Adaptability and strong analytical skills
- Evidence of self-initiative, self-direction, motivation, as well as critical and creative thinking skills.
- Flexibility and the ability to function with constantly changing and multiple priorities
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in the electric utility industry is preferred
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to make decisions, interpret data, and problem solve.
- The employee frequently is required to stand or sit for extended periods; use hands to operate a computer keyboard and standard office equipment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work and collaborate with managers and employees at all levels to exchange ideas, information, and opinions to facilitate the task.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of workweek are Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Working extended hours may be required.
This position requires moderate travel (approximately 15%).
Should you elect to apply for this position SPP will review your qualifications and if after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Southwest Power Pool is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines “reasonable accommodation” as a change or adjustment to a job or work environment that allows a qualified individual with a disability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of a particular job, and does not cause an undue hardship for the employer. SPP adheres to the ADA and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in