Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Sedgwick & they are Hiring Candidates for Insurance Premium Auditor/Quality Reviewer (1099) – Columbia, MS
Company Name : Sedgwick
Company Location : Columbia, MS
Job Position : Insurance Premium Auditor/Quality Reviewer (1099) – Columbia, MS
Job Category : Jobs in Mississippi
Job Description :
Insurance Premium Auditor and Quality Reviewer
Sedgwick has more than 50 years of experience helping organizations navigate the increasingly complex risk and productivity management environment. We consistently deliver accurate, reliable and timely premium audit results — performing more than 43,000 premium audits in 2020. We enlist our network of independent premium auditors and quality reviewers for assignments nationwide.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Sedgwick’s 1099 premium auditors work with our clients to ensure policyholders’ insurance premiums match their exposures. Our contractors visit commercial businesses or work virtually to review financial and payroll data, providing quality and timely insurance premium audits. Generally, assignments fall under Worker’s Compensation, general liability, as well as garage and auto liability. Our team provides various types of audits including:
- Physical – Ideal for complex or large accounts, test audit states, new businesses or businesses undergoing changes in operations or scope
- Virtual – Meets the requirements for a physical audit and offers a cost-effective option in cases where electronic records are preferred
- Telephone – Ideal for smaller or less complex policies and accounts with a consistent history of audited exposure
- Voluntary – Suitable for small policies with few employees, one or two class codes and straightforward operations for insurance premium audit
Those auditors with a solid grasp of insurance premium audits may choose to become one of Sedgwick’s 1099 quality reviewers who work to ensure compliance with state regulatory requirements. Our contractors in those roles review insurance premium audit data such as proper class codes, specific client requirements, & grammatical errors.
NOTE: The number of assignments and frequency of them may vary depending upon geographical location. Sedgwick assigns work based on skill set and capacity requirements. Business needs can change during non-pandemic conditions and may shift to in-person audits per client requirements.
Premium Auditors are paid as 1099 contractors with average earnings between $38–$50 per billable hour, including time spent meeting with the insured, completing an audit and writing the associated report. Audits completed by telephone are paid on a per audit basis, not per billable hour. Quality Reviewers are also paid as 1099 contractors via a pay scale that ranges based on the client. Contractors willing to travel beyond a 60-mile radius are compensated for mileage in addition to meals and lodging if any overnight work occurs.
- Minimum of two years’ experience within the insurance premium audit industry and knowledge of all lines of coverage including Worker’s Compensation, General Liability, Auto and Garage for all states
- Ability to organize, manage, and travel a reasonable territory (60-mile radius typically) and work a flexible, on-demand schedule, including availability during regular business hours throughout the work week
- Ability to maintain product quality according to industry standards and specific client requirements
- Equipment (provided by contractor): reliable transportation to drive to/from assignments as well as PC, laptop, or smart device with Microsoft Word, and scanner or fax along with high-speed internet access
- HS diploma or GED required
Skills and Knowledge
- Self-starter with ability to work individually under limited and remote supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and consultative skills
- Professional conduct and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Industry designation such as APA, CIPA, or CPCU preferred along with any other relevant licenses and/or certifications are a plus
NOTE: Motor vehicle record check, confirmed via a background screening, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a contractor assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: From $36.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Risk management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in