Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Library Systems & Services Llc & they are Hiring Candidates for Librarian
Company Name : Library Systems & Services Llc
Company Location : 424 Delaware St, New Castle, DE 19720
Job Position : Librarian
Job Category : Jobs in Delaware
Job Description :
This is an onsite position located in New Castle, DE
LAC Federal is seeking a Librarian to work on site for a federal records and information center in New Castle, DE. The Librarian will supervise and coordinate the work of technical staff and have primary responsible over the description and management of agency documents and publications. The Librarian will maintain and implement a system for describing and indexing publication and provide support to customers seeking to obtain materials. This is a full time benefited position.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Manage and maintain all document and records in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures
- Describe and organize new materials according to an in-house classification system
- Develop and maintain an index for administrative records, indexing, scanning and importing of files
- Assist individuals in locating and obtaining materials
- Communicate directly with agency staff and public stakeholders on requests for information from or about the record holdings
- Maintain and update databases/inventories of documents
- Prepare monthly reports of circulation
- Conduct regular inventories of the collection
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
- Masters in Archives and Records Management, Library Science, or similar field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working for a federal records management program or information center
- Experience with Microsoft Access or similar relational database management system
- Understanding of basic records management principles for organizing, describing, and indexing technical documents
- Knowledge of the records management lifecycle from creation through to disposition
- Experience processing documents in response to FOIA requests
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to move from place to place within the location; lift, push/pull, hold/carry of items weighing up to (25) pounds and occasional up to (35) pounds such as files, books, stacks of paper, and other materials.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork.
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,979.06 – $53,600.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Castle, DE: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in