Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Johns Manville & they are Hiring Candidates for Mechanic B
Company Name : Johns Manville
Company Location : McPherson, KS 67460
Job Position : Mechanic B
Job Category : Jobs in Kansas
Job Description :
Johns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial roofing, along with glass fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our history goes back to 1858, when the H.W. Johns Manufacturing Company began operations out of a tenement building in New York City.
Today, our products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy. A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we serve customers in more than 80 countries around the globe.
Now in our 160th year in business, our commitment to our stakeholders is stronger than ever. We are dedicated to long-term partnerships with our customers and suppliers. We are passionate about providing a safe and equitable workplace for our 8,000 global employees. And we are committed to making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work.
Our goal is to live by our core values of People, Passion, Perform and Protect.
Our global headquarters is in Denver, Colorado. We also have 46 manufacturing facilities across North America, Europe and China. We continuously invest in our people and our infrastructure to anticipate employee, customer and community needs and provide long-lasting solutions. This approach gives us the strength we need to be the Employer of Choice and the Supplier of Choice in the markets we serve worldwide.
Summary: The incumbent inspects, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, systems, buildings, facilities and physical structures. Must be a specialist in job classification and be able to assist, under supervision, in other job skills when it is a requisite for job completion. Working with complex blueprints, diagrams, and sketches, and from general verbal and written instructions, according to established operating procedures, performs the following duties while cooperating with all levels within the organization in support of the four Johns Manville core values: People, Passion, Performance, and Protection.
· Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements.
· Uses safe work practices including the use of eye, ear, hand, head, respiratory, and foot protection as needed.
· Keeps equipment and work areas clean and orderly at all times by following the principles of 5S.
· Works in a professional manner with all employees.
· Plans and lays out work assignments to accomplish them with maximum efficiency.
· Prepares, reads, interprets, and follows basic blueprints, diagrams, and sketches, making all measurements and calculations necessary to complete job.
· Following instructions from the Maintenance Chief or a higher-rated mechanic/ electrician, makes minor repairs and adjustments to machinery and equipment as are necessary to keep it in operation. As directed, removes from service machinery and equipment which require major repair, or which cannot be repaired while in operation or position. Assists higher-rated mechanic/electrician in making major repairs and reinstalling machinery and equipment. Makes minor and less-complex repairs alone or with assistance.
· Assists with general construction, systems work, masonry, carpentry, and painting work using appropriate materials and hand, power, portable, and stationary tools and equipment. May operate mobile equipment. Assists with water treatment and fire protection equipment tests following prescribed methods. Adds materials and makes corrections and repairs based on test results.
· Performs all types of available maintenance and repair work that is essential to efficient operation of the plant.
· Assists with preventive and predictive maintenance work, as well as troubleshooting and reactive repairs.
· During cleanouts and emergencies, performs any duties necessary to get equipment back into operation in minimum time.
· Makes welds, brazes, cuts, solders, and silver-solders all grades and types of metal from difficult positions and hard-to-reach locations in an efficient and workmanship-like manner.
· Fills out work orders, requisitions, inspection reports, time distribution material usage, etc., and performs other clerical duties necessary to maintain proper records relative to the work performed.
· Must possess and maintain the necessary tools for above classification where required and be proficient in their use and care.
· Follows the Lean Production methods.
· Performs other related duties as directed including duties of lower classifications.
· Assists with inspections on machinery and equipment while in operation, diagnosing faulty operation.
· Determines the extent to which machine parts may become worn without affecting the operating efficiency of the machine, as well as when a defective part should be repaired or replaced. Removes those machines which require major repairs or that cannot be repaired while in operation or position.
· Makes necessary repairs to machinery and reinstalls. May remove or install equipment and machinery or make revisions or additions thereto.
· As directed, makes revisions and additions to existing systems, performing any necessary pipe fitting or plumbing work. May make repairs to systems under emergency conditions in order to maintain plant operations.
· Periodically inspects and makes necessary adjustments or repairs to plant fire protection system, including alarms and auxiliary devices.
· Uses hand and power tools of all kinds, as well as a variety of measuring and testing instruments.
· Adheres to all NFPA 70E requirements including CPR certification (specific only to Electricians).
· The above sets forth the major work performed and serves the purpose of recording those items of work for job evaluation rating. It is understood that other work and duties not specifically listed may be assigned by supervisors.
· Industrial experience, preferred
· Prior maintenance/mechanical experience required
· Ability to effectively communicate verbally and non-verbally with a variety of individuals and to work as a valuable member of the team.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $28.92 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in