Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Arganteal, Corp. & they are Hiring Candidates for MySQL Engineer
Company Name : Arganteal, Corp.
Company Location : The Woodlands, TX
Job Position : MySQL Engineer
Job Category : Jobs in Texas
Job Description :
Arganteal is seeking two (2) part time Database Administrators (DBA) preferably with MySQL expertise for a remote work from home contract. Successful candidates will have previously managed, tuned, and architected exceptionally large databases with high transaction rates. This is to support both high volume transactional applications (OLTP) as well as OLAP applications for business intelligence.
Location: Remote Work from Home
Hard Skills Required: MySQL Architecture and Migration Expertise
Duration: Part Time with 500 total hours across 7 months. See Below Explanation of how this Contract gig works
Visa Status: US Citizen or Green Card Holder only
Hourly Rate: $90.00 per hour 1099 to your SS# or LLC
Duration Explanation: There will 2 weeks sometime in Nov / December that require 40 hours per week. Then in March or April 2023 it will go back full time at 40 hours per week for two months.
What you will do:
While there are no formal or defined deliverables, you will help our Client to focus on best practices in lifting and shifting database services from the Client’s Boston Datacenter to a yet-to-be-determined location. Where possible and if time permits, you will help the Client to upgrade database software versions (detailed below) when the testing and validations can be planned and executed transparently and within the block of hours outlined in this SOW.
- Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.6.x
- Percona XtraDB Cluster 5.7.x
- Percona MySQL Server 5.6.x
- Percona MySQL Server 5.7.x
- HAProxy 1.6.3
- ProxySQL 2.0.10
- Keepalived 1:2.0.19-1.1
- Create migration and management processes of primarily MySQL RDBMS in Production/QA/Dev environments including installation, configuration, upgrades, schema changes, etc
- Working Knowledge on other RDBMS such as MSSQL/DB2/MySQL/Postgres/NoSQL is a plus
- Follow industry best practices on design, availability, replication, security
- Create and document backup/recovery methodologies, tools
- Troubleshoot database issues, maintain database systems availability and scalability within production environments
- Perform capacity planning exercises to properly identify required hardware, software, database configuration/architecture standards to support application and Business requirements.
- Monitor database performance, identify performance problems and tune database server parameters.
- Monitor database metrics for trending including performance, capacity, inventory optimization, and infrastructure design.
- Document deployment of new systems.
What you will need for this position:
- Relevant experience (1-3 years or more) participating in complex production database systems, preferably at a large consumer-facing Internet site.
- Understanding of database packaged releases, Security patching strategy, and enforcing standards via tools and automation is essential
- Experience with MySQL/Postgres/Aurora/MsSQL/DB2/Oracle server tuning, query optimization, replication strategies, storage engines, monitoring, capacity planning, backups, recovery, HA, Clustering etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and work eﬀectively in a fast paced, highly data driven, changing environment
- Ability to develop procedures, processes, and conventions to standardize database operations
- Understanding of RDBMS security administration
- Understanding of Linux operating system and storage solutions
- Proficient in one of the scripting languages (shell, Perl, PHP, Python etc) for monitoring and custom automation
- Experience working with Subversion, Git, CVS, or other source code management tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Scrum, Lean or Agile product development is a strong plus.
- Understanding of system monitoring tools such as Nagios, Nessus and Cacti
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in