Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Stormont-Vail HealthCare & they are Hiring Candidates for Neonatal Nurse Practitioner – NICU – PRN – #10164
Company Name : Stormont-Vail HealthCare
Company Location : Topeka, KS
Job Position : Neonatal Nurse Practitioner – NICU – PRN – #10164
Job Category : Jobs in Kansas
Job Description :
PRN – as needed, no guaranteed hours, not benefit eligible
Other (United States of America)
Variable 24 hour shifts
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
A Brief Overview
This position is responsible for providing care to patients acting as an assistant to the physicians in facilities and clinic following established standards and practices.
The delivery of professional nursing care at Stormont-Vail HealthCare is guided by Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring and the theory of Shared governance, both of which are congruent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
Skills and Abilities
- All APRN incumbents are required to maintain Registered Nurse competencies as designated by Federal and State organizations and as outlined in SVH policy.
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Nurse – KSBN Must have valid APRN licensure. Be certified as a nurse practitioner by a recognized national certifying body that has established standards for nurse practitioners. Required or
- Physician Assistant (PA) – KSBHA Required
- Additional certification may be required in certain patient care settings or populations. The department director will provide specific information and the time frame in which such certification may be attained at the time of hire/transfer into department.
What you will do
- In partnership with the attending medical staff, directs and coordinates the work of the APP in order to provide patient care within each clinical area in order to meet unit, hospital and system goals and objectives. Perform a complete physical exam and record findings.
- Perform complete, detailed and accurate health histories, review patient records, order laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies appropriate for complaint, age, race, sex and physical condition of the patient.
- Order appropriate laboratory and other diagnostic tests and procedures. Assess normal and abnormal findings from the history, physical examination, laboratory reports and other diagnostic tests.
- Prescribe prescription only drugs following written protocol as allowed by Kansas Nurse Practice Act and in accordance with K.A.R.60-11-104a. DEA registration number is required for prescribing a controlled substance. In no case shall the scope of authority of the advance registered nurse practitioner exceed the prescribing authority of the supervising physician.
- Ensures that care delivered to patients is provided according to the Stormont Vail Health mission, strategic plans, and all internal/external regulations, policies and procedures. Practices within the Kansas Nurse Practice Act and within the guidelines of management protocols. Supports the established care models of Stormont Vail Health.
- Institute emergency measures and emergency treatment or appropriate stabilization measures as necessary.
- Provide instructions and guidance regarding health care and health care promotion to patients/family.
- Arrange inpatient admissions at the direction of the collaborating physician.
- Triage telephone calls from nursing facilities and provide consultation.
- Continue to be involved in professional organizations and show process towards individual development.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Provide discharge instruction and referral if necessary upon discharge.
- Request for service is by consultation and patients will be rounded on in accordance within rules and regulations.
- In the event of an emergency incumbents may be designated to work at the bedside as assigned by leadership.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies, standards, mandatory training and requirements of Stormont Vail Health
Patient Facing Options
- Position is Patient Facing
Remote Work Guidelines
- Must have their primary residence within the state of Kansas, Nebraska, Missouri or Oklahoma.
- Workspace is a quiet and distraction-free allowing the ability to comply with all security and privacy standards.
- Stable access to electricity and a minimum of 25mb upload and internet speed.
- Dedicate full attention to the job duties and communication with others during working hours.
- Adhere to break and attendance schedules agreed upon with supervisor.
- Abide by Stormont Vail’s Remote Worker Policy and will review and acknowledge the Remote Work Agreement annually.
Remote Work Capability
- As Needed
- No Supervisory Responsibility
- No Budget Responsibility
- Balancing: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Carrying: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Climbing (Ladders): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Climbing (Stairs): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Crawling: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Crouching: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Driving (Automatic): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Driving (Standard): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Feeling: Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Grasping (Fine Motor): Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Grasping (Gross Hand): Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Handling: Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Hearing: Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Kneeling: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Lifting: Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 50 lbs
- Operate Foot Controls: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Pulling: Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 50 lbs
- Pushing: Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 50 lbs
- Reaching (Forward): Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 50 lbs
- Reaching (Overhead): Occasionally 1-3 Hours up to 50 lbs
- Repetitive Motions: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Sitting: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Standing: Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Stooping: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Talking: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Walking: Frequently 3-5 Hours
- Burn: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Chemical: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Combative Patients: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Dusts: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Electrical: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Explosive: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Extreme Temperatures: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Infectious Diseases: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Mechanical: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Needle Stick: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Noise/Sounds: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Other Atmospheric Conditions: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Poor Ventilation, Fumes and/or Gases: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Radiant Energy: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Risk of Exposure to Blood and Body Fluids: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Risk of Exposure to Hazardous Drugs: Occasionally 1-3 Hours
- Hazards (other): Rarely less than 1 hour
- Vibration: Rarely less than 1 hour
- Wet and/or Humid: Rarely less than 1 hour
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in