Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in St. John’s Health & they are Hiring Candidates for Nuclear Med Tech (Pool/PRN)
Company Name : St. John’s Health
Company Location : Jackson, WY 83001
Job Position : Nuclear Med Tech (Pool/PRN)
Job Category : Jobs in Wyoming
Job Description :
Job Summary: Performs all diagnostic/therapeutic nuclear medicine procedures which are offered by the department in accordance with departmental protocols. Performs all procedures following exam protocols on neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients. Optimize computer images to enhance diagnostic information for Radiologists interpretation. Provides direct patient centered care that ensures the highest quality and well-being of each patient. Prepares and administers radiopharmaceuticals and operates all nuclear medicine equipment in accordance with the NRC regulations and departmental policy/procedures. Collaborates with members of the health care team to promote clinical excellence, demonstrating commitment to the purpose, vision, and values of SJH. Delivers services according to the scope of service for Diagnostic Imaging and participates in Performance Improvement activities. Adheres to and practices SJH’s Corporate Compliance Program.
- Consistently demonstrates competence in performing all nuclear medicine procedures offered by the department.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge in the use of all standard nuclear medicine equipment, and ensures adequate supplies are always on hand prior to patient care.
- Has a complete understanding of the proper isotopes to use for different organ studies; prepares and administers correct radiopharmaceutical dose per department protocol. Promptly disposes the used isotope syringe according to outlined protocol and regulations.
- Regularly demonstrates a safety conscience attitude. Performs flood gamma camera before patient injections.
- Performs daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly QC as required and records QC results accordingly.
- Consistently checks the label of the isotopes to be injected and assays it while observing all radiation safety regulations.
- Able to calculate dose after elapsed period of time. Immediately records all information such as date, amount of radiopharmaceutical, and patient’s name accordingly. Promptly records all other necessary documentation.
- Surveys each isotope shipment for leakage and records each shipment properly; responds immediately according to policy/procedure to any radioactive spill in shipment box.
- Demonstrates an awareness of radiation safety procedures for self and others. Wears protective apparel when necessary and properly shields patients. Always wears radiation badge in the department.
2. Documentation and Supplies
- Accurately completes all paperwork and supply charging. Charges exams, supplies, and medications accurately at the time of use.
- Obtains and examines order requisitions to ensure an adequate indication for procedure is documented to correlate with the exam to be performed. Regularly consults with others as necessary to verify appropriate procedures to be completed.
- Confirms completion of all consents needed.
- Prepares examination for interpretation by Radiologist to include exam QA, scanning appropriate documents and sending to PACS.
3. Patient Care
- Ensure patient receives safe, quality care.
- Transports patients safely to and from the department. Demonstrates the ability to perform work in an accurate and timely manner in periods of crisis and emergency situations.
- Properly performs hand-off communications when a patient has left or returned to the unit. Reports any changes in a patient’s condition or behavior to the appropriate physician or nursing personnel.
- Thoroughly explains the procedure in an empathetic and caring way to alleviate patient anxiety. Assures patient’s questions are answered prior to beginning exam.
- Is courteous, pleasant, and professional in all patient communications.
4. Co-worker and Staff Advocacy
- Advocates and supports SJH staff and department co-workers. Demonstrates a willingness and ability to assist others as requested; regularly assists in other areas of the department such as reception duties, clerical duties, and other assignments as requested.
- Assists, teaches, and answers questions for colleagues.
- Presents self as a resource to co-workers and the organization.
- Mentors new staff.
- Assumes responsibility for reading department communications/e-mails daily and attending staff meetings.
- Demonstrates responsibility for knowing and adhering to departmental policies and procedures while performing in a professional manner.
- Maintains, develops, and updates skills. Self-evaluates professional knowledge and actively seeks out educational opportunities for development.
- Understands the importance of patient confidentiality and HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates good judgement by showing an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties; maximizes cost efficiency. Uses time for departmental advantage.
Minimum Work Experience:
Required: Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and phone etiquette skills.
Preferred: 2 years working as a Radiographer and Nuclear Medicine Technologist in a hospital setting. Advanced certification in CT or Mammography with associated experience.
Required Licenses: Registry with NMTCB (CNMT) or ARRT (N) and BLS required. Additional registry with the ARRT in Radiography and WY Radiographic Technologist license preferred.
Working Conditions: Radiation exposure, hospital setting, on-call every third weekend. Must be on-site at the SJH campus or other facilities to fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
Physical Requirements: 80% of shift standing and walking. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to lift 10 pounds overhead. Intermittent sitting, reaching, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, overhead lifting and computer use.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in