Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in University Pediatricians & they are Hiring Candidates for Nurse Practitioner – Neonataology
Company Name : University Pediatricians
Company Location : Detroit, MI 48201
Job Position : Nurse Practitioner – Neonataology
Job Category : Jobs in Michigan
Job Description :
Position Title: Nurse Practitioner
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary: COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENECE
The Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NP) is an advanced practice nurse, who utilizes advanced knowledge and clinical expertise in providing primary and/or specialized health care services to individuals, families, groups and communities across the health-illness continuum. Diagnostic reasoning, advanced therapeutic interventions and education are key elements in the direct provision of care using a collaborative model. Duties include participation in coordination of care and inter-service and inter-team collaboration for specialty areas. The nurse practitioner works closely with physicians and resident staff, patient care staff, patients and families to manage plan of care. The nurse practitioner works across Neonatal Intensive Care units at both Children’s Hospital of Michigan (level IV) and Hutzel Women’s Hospital (level III) and on day and night shifts and weekends. The nurse practitioner works as an autonomous practitioner or in collaboration with a physician, and is directly accountable for making clinical judgments to patient(s) using independent and interdependent decision-making skills. The nurse practitioner writes medical orders (medications and tests) and procedures subject to internal and external rules and regulations of credentialing. The nurse practitioner also functions as a consultant, educator, researcher, resource and role model for patient, families, community, nursing personnel and other health care providers. The nurse practitioner evaluates the quality of care rendered; analyzes and promotes system changes to enhance quality of care and organizational effectiveness/efficiency; conducts/utilizes research to promote health and improve health care delivery. The nurse practitioner assumes responsibility for own professional development. Appropriate privileges, licensure and certification are required to prescribe pharmacological and medical interventions.
1. Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited College or University.
2. Two to 5 years working as an RN in the NICU; previous experience as an NNP preferred but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Registered nurse licensure to practice in the state of Michigan. State of Michigan Nurse Specialty certification as a Nurse Practitioner-Neonatal or Acute Care Pediatrics.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
Under the limited direction of the attending physician or designee,
1. Obtains and records patient medical history
2. Performs physical examinations
3. Develops, prioritized, comprehensive problem list
4. Orders, evaluates and monitors medical and laboratory diagnostic tests and treatment and consultation plans.
5. Accompany patient(s) to diagnostic procedure.
6. Performs, documents, procedures (specifically delivery room attendance, reservoir taps, lumbar punctures, endotracheal intubation, peripheral inserted central line placement, umbilical line insertion, Intraosseus line placement, thoracentesis, chest tubes and exchange transfusions, abdominal paracentesis, moderate sedation)
7. Maintains active Neonatal Resuscitation Provider card as per institutional requirements.
8. Prepares, develops and initiates treatment plan in consultation with attending physician.
9. Documentations in Electronic Medical record.
10. Educates and counsels patient and family members on condition, desired results of treatment plans, expectations during illness and recovery, and other related areas.
11. Participates in teaching and patient management conferences.
12. Engage in quality improvement measures for safety and compliance
13. Coordinates and facilitates continuity of care that crosses institutional and organizational boundaries.
14. Acts as a patient/family advocate to ensure health care services are delivered in an ethical and culturally sensitive manner.
1. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
2. Able to complete duties under stress, deadlines, and while attending to multiple duties simultaneously.
3. Prolonged computer related exposure, as well as sitting and standing at workstations for long periods of time.
4. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Bending, sitting, and standing frequently throughout the day.
6. Occasionally travel off-site for meetings, conferences, seminars, and training.
EXEMPT STATUS: This position is exempt from overtime pay provisions of the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All employment decisions are made based on an individual’s qualification for a particular job. Consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity and are administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, marital status, genetic information covered veteran status, sexual orientation or any category protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Master’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in