Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in TDS Telecom & they are Hiring Candidates for Outside Plant Construction Engineer
Company Name : TDS Telecom
Company Location : Missoula, MT
Job Position : Outside Plant Construction Engineer
Job Category : Jobs in Montana
Job Description :
In the Outside Plant Construction Engineer role, you are responsible for coordinating, planning, and supervising outside plant field construction and splicing operations in multiple locations. Depending upon workload you may be required to supervise consulting resources in the engineering and/or construction phase of the projects. You are expected to work independently with representatives from network operations, associate managers, consultants, design engineers and construction contractors for TDS TELECOM Network Services to ensure that the needs of the company are being met. You will be responsible for the implementation of fiber networks while conforming to existing TDS Outside Plant (OSP) guidelines and TDS OSP standards established for the TELECOM Network Services. You are also expected to stay current with National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) and ensure our construction is always in compliance with NESC standards. Depending on the area, you may be required to assist in the engineering of the OSP projects. This involves, among other things, creating the labor, material, and overhead project estimates.
As an Outside Plant Construction Engineer, you are expected to oversee numerous construction projects, possibly located in multiple locations. You will continually monitor costs and job progress to ensure that construction projects are completed on time and within budget. You will also be responsible for ongoing communication with various governmental agencies to protect the TDS OSP network from being jeopardized by proposed road improvements and may be required to negotiate with municipalities or other utility companies from a network and a legal perspective for the purchase, lease and/or sale of inner ducts, fiber and/or complete fiber networks.
This position can be hired at either an Outside Plant Construction Engineer or Outside Plant Construction Engineer I level depending on the skills and qualifications of the candidate. Different job postings exist for each of these positions. Please reference each job posting for the minimum qualifications required for each role.
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom/TDS®) delivers high-speed internet, TV entertainment, and phone services to more than 1,000 rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities across the U.S. With 1.2 million connections, TDS is a rapidly growing technology company. Powered by fiber-optics and new industry-leading technologies, TDS delivers up to 2 Gigabit internet speeds and offers internet-protocol based TV entertainment solutions along with traditional phone services. TDS also offers businesses VoIP advanced communications solutions, dedicated internet service, data networking, and hosted-managed services. Visit tdstelecom.com.
- Responsible for the coordination of OSP projects and/or supervision of consultants who are responsible for coordinating outside plant field construction and splicing operations in multiple locations and states. Provide technical support for special request projects such as major road moves or potential on-net builds. The successful candidate must work with Finance to ensure proper accounting of facilities placed and interact with the legal department to ensure that the company is not at risk in any asset transfers. If needed, assist in the engineering phase of projects. This involves creating labor, material, and overheads project cost estimates
- Provide audits of OSP projects and coach consultants and/or contractors to ensure accuracy and consistency. The audits will ensure compliance with NESC standards and current TDS OSP standards
- Review all required reports from field personnel and contractor invoicing for accuracy. Manage construction projects by reviewing quality of work, clean up resolution, proper maintenance of project documentation and continual review of project progress
- Ensure that the TDS OSP group complies with Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines and other departments such as Network Operations, Network Planning, Rights-of-Way and Contract Administration. This position requires the conducting of pre-staking, pre-bid and pre-construction meetings as required. The successful candidate must verify that proper right-of-way, easements, and permits are obtained and designs for proper cable sizing and facility routing.
- Verify that all documentation required to complete projects successfully, including bid jobs, build orders, job start agreements, VMOPs and close out documentation is complete
- Adapt quickly in an ever-changing environment to new GIS based construction tracking methods, new construction methods and rapidly changing architecture types.
- Associate Degree (or higher) –OR– 2+ years professional work experience
- 2+ years experience in Voice, Data, or Video networking
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and insurance
- 2+ years’ experience in OSP Construction and/or Engineering (fiber or copper or coax) – OR -related Utility/Municipal Construction and/or Engineering – OR – Construction Project Management, Utility Installation Technician, General Trades experience
- Fiber optic implementation experience
- Excellent leadership, customer relations and communications skills
- Self-directed and ability to work independently
- ESRI ArcGIS, AGOL, Spatial analysis or other GIS experience
- Proficient working in a digital environment
- Understanding of Telecommunications industry and principals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Project Management experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- PC database, spreadsheet, and word processing skills
- Working knowledge of NESC construction practices and engineering standards
- Ability to work in a cooperative and courteous manner with diverse work groups
- Understanding of Fiber to The Home (FTTH) design and construction techniques
- Ability to read and understand FTTH construction prints
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in