Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Metropolitan Transportation Authority & they are Hiring Candidates for Plumber – Structures
Company Name : Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Company Location : New York State
Job Position : Plumber – Structures
Job Category : Jobs in New York
Job Description :
Opened Until Filled
Metro-North Railroad reserves the right to remove this posting prior to the Application Deadline.
In order to protect our employees and continue to provide safe and reliable service to our communities, as of November 14, 2021 we are requiring all new MTA hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. MTA will consider exceptions for religious and medical reasons, where appropriate. “Fully vaccinated” means you must have both doses of a 2-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the second dose, or have received 1 dose of a 1-dose vaccine and two weeks have elapsed since the dose. Proof of your vaccination status in the form of a CDC vaccine card must be submitted prior to your start date.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand Central Terminal. We provide service to over 86.5 million customers, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is one of the busiest commuter railroad in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe and reliable commute, excellent customer service and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
PLUMBERS install, maintain and repair various piping systems in Metro-North stations and facilities
THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assemble, install, maintain and repair black iron, galvanized, copper, victaulic, aluminum and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe, to include fittings, couplings, clamps, screws, bolts and soldering equipment
- Maintain and repair plumbing lines (sewage or water supply) by opening clogged drains using a drum or a handheld snake
- Install, maintain and repair plumbing appliances and fixtures such as toilets, sinks, shower stalls, and faucets using hand and power tools
- Detect and repair water leaks by turning off water main valves, isolating water flow and repairing pipe
- Clean roof and sewer drains to maintain proper drainage
- Install and repair oil burner heating systems and high & low pressure steam lines, boilers, and circular pumps
- Maintain, repair and remove sewage or storm water pumps such as sump and discharge pumps for stations and building facilities
- Maintain and repair the sand delivery system by unclogging delivery hoses and freeing delivery air actuated valves
- Maintain and repair fire sprinkler systems in stations and facilities
- Attend required trainings associated with performing Plumber responsibilities (i.e., Roadway Worker, blood-borne pathogen, etc.)
- Clear snow from station platforms and train yards using shovels, snow blowers, and salt spreaders to ensure the safety of passengers and employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent and
- Vocational or apprentice training in plumbing and/or HVAC or
- Two (2) years of experience performing plumbing and/or HVAC work
- Experience performing both plumbing and HVAC work
- Freon Reclamation License
- NYC Fire Dept. Certificate for Oxy-Acetylene Blowpipe or Certificate of Fitness for Fire Watch
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Mechanical Aptitude; knowledge of and ability to use, plumbing tools; ability to work with others; verbal communication skills; interpersonal skills; ability to follow instructions; ability to anticipate and analyze problems and take corrective actions; ability to accurately perform basic mental mathematical calculations; knowledge of operating and safety rules and standards; ability to anticipate problems; must be safety conscious; must be able to function effectively under changing priorities; ability to exercise independent judgment; reading comprehension ability
- Must possess a valid NYS Class D driver’s license or equivalent
- Must have personal tool box with Plumber’s tools
- Internal candidates are required to become qualified for the position within 15 days of bidding the position
The starting rate for this position is $26.69 (70% of the full rate). The annual wage progression scale is as follows: Year 1=70% > Year 2=70% > Year 3=75% > Year 4=80% > Year 5=85% > Year 6=85% > Year 7=90% > Year 8=100%. The full 100% rate of pay is $38.12.
This rate has been established by the SMW collective bargaining unit and is non-negotiable.
An exception may be granted for a journeyman rate to anyone who has one of the following:
- Completed a four-year, bona fide sheet metal workers’, plumbers’ or pipefitters’ apprenticeship program, OR
- Has had four (4) years of full-time practical experience in the craft and can provide proof thereof (by means of a card or certificate).
- For those approved for a journeyman rate, the wage progression scale is as follows: 80>80>90>90>100% of the full rate of pay.
As a full-time employee, you are eligible for the following health and welfare benefits.
Our benefits program provides flexibility, protection and value through:
- Health care benefits, including medical, dental, and vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Welfare Benefits, including basic and optional life, dependent life, basic and optional Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts, including a Health Care Account and Dependent Care Account
- Retirement benefits, including a retirement plan, 401(k) and 457 savings plans
Applicants will establish seniority in the Sheet Metal Workers International Association (SMW) in accordance with the union’s current collective bargaining agreement.
Members of the SMW are subject to an initiation fee and monthly union dues.
Must have the ability to work various hours, days, and shifts on MNR territory.
Due to the competitive nature of the selection process, not all qualified candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position are guaranteed an interview. To be selected for a position, one must meet the following criteria: (1) satisfy the minimum requirements listed in the job posting, (2) if applicable, successfully pass a written and practical exam, (3) satisfy a background investigation (including but not limited to, employment, education, and criminal history), and (4) pass a verbal interview. Metro-North may also require the applicant to undergo a physical ability test, and, if the Company extends a conditional offer, may require him or her to undergo a medical examination, which may include toxicological testing. Failure to pass any step within the hiring process will result in the disqualification of your application.
Additional Criteria for Current Employees: Current Metro-North employees must be in active service to be eligible for consideration. Agreement Employees applying for a position outside of their present craft are required to have worked in your current union for at least one (1) year preceding the Application Deadline to be eligible to apply for a posted position, and have completed the agreed upon formal training commitment, including on-the-job training or lock-in requirement, if applicable (for example: Signal Trainee, Foreman-In-Training, etc.). If you are transferring to another craft, you may be required to forfeit your seniority in your present union. Non-agreement employees must have worked in your current position for a minimum of one (1) year preceding the Application Deadline. Along with a background investigation (including but not limited to, employment, education, and criminal history), employees are also subject to an internal investigation, which includes an evaluation not limited to discipline records and performance assessments.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If interested, please apply online at www.mta.info
This is a federally regulated position subject to both pre-employment and continuous random toxicological screening.
As an employee of Metro-North Railroad you may be required to complete a New York State financial disclosure statement, if you earn more than $101,379.00 or if you hold a position designated as a policy maker.
Employees driving company vehicles must complete defensive driver training once every three years for current MNR drivers; or within 180 days of hire or transfer for an employee entering an authorized driving position.
DETAILS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
- Must be able to lift and carry tools and material weighing up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and occasionally up to 60 lbs. (e.g., 6” Gate Valve, 4” Gate Valve, B-Tank, drum snakes, A/C units, etc.)
- Must be able to kneel, bend, crouch, crawl and reach to access difficult to access work locations such as sinks, crawl spaces, etc.
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces while navigating tracks and yard in order to access facilities, work site, etc.
- Ability to climb onto ladders, scaffolding, lifts to inspect, install and repair heat, supply and drainage lines
DETAILS OF WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be able to work various days and shifts
- Works outside exposed to various weather conditions from extreme hot to extreme cold
- Works at heights up to 50 ft. on scaffolds and ladders to access roof drains, A/C unites, supply lines, etc.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE TO BE CONSIDERED. METRO-NORTH NO LONGER ACCEPTS HARD COPIES OF RESUMES.
Qualified applicants can submit an online application
When applying for positions, please ensure that you attach a resume during the application process and that you receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was accepted. If you do not receive an email confirmation, your application may not have been received and will not be able to be considered after the deadline date. If you encounter problems, please call the BSC Customer Management Center at (646) 376-0123 Monday through Friday (except MTA-HQ holidays), 8:30am – 5:00pm.
EMPLOYEES WHO DO NOT APPLY ON LINE VIA THE INTRANET MAY BE DISQUALIFIED FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.
MTA and its subsidiary and affiliated agencies are Equal Opportunity Employers, including with respect to veteran status and individuals with disabilities.
The MTA encourages qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and abilities, including military service members, to apply.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in