Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in City of Pembroke Pines & they are Hiring Candidates for POLICE OFFICERS $5K-$10K NEW HIRE INCENTIVE
Company Name : City of Pembroke Pines
Company Location : Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
Job Position : POLICE OFFICERS $5K-$10K NEW HIRE INCENTIVE
Job Category : Jobs in Florida
Job Description :
POLICE OFFICERS (Certified and Non-Certified)
City of Pembroke Pines
***PLEASE NOTE-NO RESUMES ACCEPTED-YOU MUST APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE FOR THIS POSITION. WWW.PPINES.COM
Salary Range – $59,779 – $86,964
(Experienced officers start above the minimum of the pay range.)
*$5,000 Hiring Bonus Non Certified
*10,000 Hiring Bonus Certified
* Up to $5,000 Relocation Reimbursement*
The City of Pembroke Pines is a suburban city just west of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Pembroke Pines was incorporated in 1960 and is approximately 35 square miles.
Pembroke Pines is home to over 176,000 residents and is ranked as the second largest city in Broward County, the 11th largest city in the State of Florida and 150th largest city in the United States. The City has been awarded the “An-All American City” designation and was listed as a Best Place to Live city in 2014 by Money Magazine. Pembroke Pines has the ideal temperature with an average high of 83.4 degrees and an average low of 67.8 degrees. The City has a median age of 38.9 years old and is also home to the largest municipal operated charter school system in the United States. The City’s Police Department has over 250 sworn positions and over 100 non-sworn positions. The Police Department is a full service department with specialized units, such as, but not limited to, Detective Bureau, Dive Team, SWAT, Traffic Enforcement, Community Affairs, etc. Come enjoy the exciting South Florida lifestyle for all ages, cultural diversity and the City’s 28 City Parks in a progressive city.
- Associates Degree or 60 credited hours from accredited college/university
- Minimum of 19 years of age
- Acceptable Background Investigation
- U.S. Citizenship
- Acceptable Polygraph Exam
- Acceptable Psychological Screening
- Passing Medical & Drug Screening, Swim, BMST and ***CJBAT Tests
- No Felony convictions and certain misdemeanors
- Honorable discharge from Armed Forces Services (Original DD214 required), if prior military.
***FSS 943.17 authorizes any individual who is a veteran as defined in s.1.01 (14) below, or holds an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university is exempt from taking a basic skills examination and assessment instrument (CJBAT) as a prerequisite for entrance into a basic recruit training program for law enforcement officer. s.1.01(14)-The term “veteran” means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under honorable conditions only or who later received an upgraded discharge under honorable conditions, notwithstanding any action by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs on individuals discharged or released with other than honorable discharges.
- Take home vehicle
- 4/3 day work schedule with weekends off half the year
- Educational reimbursement
- Annual merit increase based on evaluations
- 8 Year D.R.O.P option
- Health and dental insurance
- Work out hour on duty one hour each shift
The City will sponsor and pay for your police academy training and you will receive salary and benefits (General Employee) while you are in the police academy. Out of state certified police officers must complete a “Florida Transition Academy” which is an abbreviated academy to prepare to take the Florida Police Officer Certification Test.
To apply, please go on The City of Pembroke Pines official website and download/print out the POLICE EMPLOYMENT application and follow instructions on where/how to return.
School Resource Officers (SRO) starting at $50,000, Approx 10 months of the year (school year plus training) with a flexible work schedule to accommodate the needs of the positional responsibilities. Overtime/Detail Time/Flex Time: As required to perform functions of SRO, to include nights, weekends, etc due to extracurricular activities. Must be LEO Certified with minimum of 5 years LEO. SRO Certification preferred. See our website for further details. For more information call 954-431-2705
The Pembroke Pines Police Department is dedicated to providing the highest level of professional, caring police service to our community. We will focus on our resources on prevention of crime by working in a partnership with the community and by addressing the root causes of crime. These efforts will result in maintaining a high level of “Quality of Life and Safety” for our citizens.
The Pembroke Pines Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer
*Terms & Conditions Apply*
- I am currently a certified police officer in the State of Florida. Do I need to complete all of the tests?
- No, please go to our website for instructions on how to apply.
- I am currently a certified police officer in another state, not Florida, will my certification transfer? What will I have to do to become a Florida Certified police officer?
You are able to obtain what is called, “Equivalency of Training”. You must attend a 2 week course and demonstrate proficiency in high liability areas and then pass the Florida State Officer Certification Examination.
- If I live out of the area/state, how many trips will it take me to complete the application process?
- Out of area/state applicants will normally have to make three trips to South Florida to complete the process. Please keep in mind that if you are hired by the City as a Police Officer, you will be eligible for up to $5,000 in relocation expenses and you may apply your cost to come to South Florida for the application process.
- Why would I need to make three trips to South Florida?
- First Trip – contacting Broward College to take the necessary test (physical agility test, swim test, basic abilities test).
- Second Trip – To meet with the Personnel Selections Unit of the Police Department to complete the next phase of the process (may include, oral interviews, B-Pad, polygraph, psychological, etc.)
- Third Trip – Next phase may include, medical, and further interviews.
- How long is the police academy in Florida?
- The police academy is approximately five months.
- Will I have to pay for the police academy?
- No, if you are hired as a police officer the City will pay for your academy and you will also receive the full police officer salary during the academy training.
- Do I need a college degree to become a police officer for the City of Pembroke Pines?
- Yes you need an Associates Degree or equivalent (60 credit hours) from an accredited college/university or have at least two years of active military service or have at least two years of law enforcement experience as a certified police officer.
- *** FSS 943.17 authorizes any individual who is a veteran as defined in s.1.01 (14) below, or holds an associate degree or higher from an accredited college or university is exempt from taking a basic skills examination and assessment instrument (CJBAT) as a prerequisite for entrance into a basic recruit training program for law enforcement officer. s.1.01(14)-The term “veteran” means a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released under honorable conditions only or who later received an upgraded discharge under honorable conditions, notwithstanding any action by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs on individuals discharged or released with other than honorable discharges.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $59,779.00 – $86,964.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in