Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Fehrer Automotive North America LLC & they are Hiring Candidates for Production Control and Logistics Manager
Company Name : Fehrer Automotive North America LLC
Company Location : Gadsden, AL 35904
Job Position : Production Control and Logistics Manager
Job Category : Jobs in Alabama
Job Description :
Directs and coordinates activities relating to the planning, procurement, controlling, storage, and distribution of materials and products meeting the company needs and customer requirements. Will supervise the scheduling process internally and externally. Will work closely with the Supply Chain and Logistics Manager, General Manager, and Production Manager to support manufacturing requirements. Plans, schedules, and coordinates departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver manufactured products in a timely manner. Manages and mentors the subordinate staff in order to maintain motivation, teamwork and continuous improvement. Reports material department related issues and corrections in a timely manner and makes recommendations for corrective actions pertaining to material department problems.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing site specific policies, operating procedures, and goals pertaining to maintaining or exceeding customer quality requirements
- Uses production planning and scheduling to limit materials shortages.
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of logistical and scheduling personnel engaged in receiving, storing, shipping, scheduling production and delivering supplies and equipment
- Analyzes contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop logistic program activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of product
- Oversees the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the operation of the plant
- Responsible for the continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, pricing, continuity, and delivery
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Ensure correct shipments of international orders and hazardous material orders
- In concert with Human Resources, provides Materials department related training for employees in the Materials department.
- Participates in ISO/TS-16949 initiatives for the plant
- Participates in the APQP and PPAP process
- Additional duties as needed and assigned.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the proven ability to work well with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to effectively negotiate with current or new suppliers
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Time Management
- Proficient with inventory reporting systems
V. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Employee must have working knowledge of production control and logistics. Must be self-motivated and possess well developed leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related field required or 5 years equivalent experience in the Materials field
- Prior 5S Training / Experience
- Prior SAP Training / Experience
VI. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets basic instructions and required documents. Has the ability to respond and communicate complicated instruction and basic directions.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
VII. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic mathematics. Basic knowledge of statistics to perform studies and analyze data.
VIII. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
IX. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is required to stand, walk, lift, and sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office and plant environment, able to conduct normal amount of work on a computer
- Be able to lift 30 pounds
- Traveling from plant to plant (Fehrer, Supplier, Customer), including international travel may be required
X. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Normal amount of sitting and standing, above average mobility to move around an office and plant environment, able to conduct normal amount of work on a computer.
- Works with the CEO, Supply Chain and Logistics Manager, General Manager, Launch Manager, Quality Manager, Senior Technical Manager, Process Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, and Production Manager.
- Works with Customer and Supplier representatives in the materials field
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in