Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in MADD & they are Hiring Candidates for Program Specialist
Company Name : MADD
Company Location : Eastman, GA 31023
Job Position : Program Specialist
Job Category : Jobs in Georgia
Job Description :
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is looking for a compassionate, solution-oriented, adaptable, energetic, and motivated candidate to work with volunteers who are survivors of impaired driving, drunk and drugged driving offenders, high-school aged youth, law enforcement, and other community partners. This full-time position will build and support our prevention work to include VIPs, law enforcement support, and underage drinking prevention. Previous experience working with volunteers, developing community initiatives, preferred. Comfort with public speaking, partnership building and working with schools, law enforcement and the criminal justice process is vital.
This is a remote, work from home position. Remote means that while there is not a local office to report to, in-state travel and in-person services will be required of the role. The preferred candidate needs to live in the geographical area of South-Central Georgia. You must have the capability to conduct business from a home office environment which includes a reliable internet connection. Reliable transportation is needed as well as the ability to work some evening and weekend hours. Mileage and travel costs will be reimbursed.
Organize and implement all aspects and technical portions of core and supplemental underage drinking and drunk driving prevention programs for targeted populations at the State and Local level. Work with state and local law enforcement on prevention and enforcement initiative related to impaired driving prevention. Responsible for all program administration including regular liaison and reporting, achievement of established performance objectives, development of programs to achieve objectives and adherence to all program and/or grant policies and guidelines.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
- ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure that goals and objectives as designated by MADD management and/or the grantor are achieved by developing and designing events targeted to accomplish specific objectives and providing marketing and outreach of the program to community agencies. Ensure that grant proposals include MADD’s program directives.
- Manage the implementation and logistics of adult drunk driving prevention and underage drinking prevention programs through the design and facilitation of training programs at the State and Local level. Organize and host orientation meetings, evaluation meetings, facilitator training and facilitation of parent workshops and student presentations.
- Identify and recruit volunteers and community partners, as needed, for applicable programs. Provide training, guidance, support and motivation to volunteers and staff by conducting training meetings, virtual coaching and on-site assistance.
- Maintain tracking and data collection of program and/or grant results, financial reports, and the progress for evaluation and improvement. Identify areas that are not fully utilizing the resources available and ensure assistance is provided in a timely manner. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- One to two years experience in work with the implementation of community awareness, education, partnership and youth programs specifically related to community health. Previous experience working with programs or grant administration helpful.
- Travel and flexible hours are required.Strong organizational skills, be detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and execute in a high-volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing, using appropriate grammar and command of the English language.
- Ability to work both independently and with others to resolve issues and maintain composure and professionalism in an environment of changing and/or multiple priorities.
- Must be able to work on a timetable, meet deadlines, follow instructions and accept direction on given assignments.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to maintain a high activity level.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations and maintain a professional demeanor during times of stress.
- Must have exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be familiar with entering data into on-line systems. Should also have basic record keeping and math skills.
- Must have working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain social, ethical and organizational standards in job related activities, at work and in the community.
- Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job.
- Demonstrated commitment, passion and compassion for the mission of MADD.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands:
This position requires working in an office setting and is generally considered sedentary, although this position may require long hours, handling conflicts and making decisions under pressure. This position may require you to: be in a stationary position for extended periods; move or traverse in a space for short periods; occasionally transport items with a maximum weight of 25 pounds (such as boxes); communicate with other individuals; and perceive and exchange information. The noise level is from quiet to moderate. This position requires the ability to operate a computer and other office machines such as fax, calculator and telephone. This position must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position may require a valid State Driver’s License and proof of insurance because the individual may be required to drive to alternate locations away from the office. Critical thinking, active learning, listening, writing, speaking, negotiating, persuasion, judgment and the ability to work under pressure may be mandatory for this position
This field position is normally funded by a grant for a specific period of time. In the event the grant is discontinued, the position may be eliminated.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- English (Required)
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in