Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Pebble Labs, Inc & they are Hiring Candidates for Research Technician – Agriculture and Greenhouse Projects
Company Name : Pebble Labs, Inc
Company Location : Los Alamos, NM 87544
Job Position : Research Technician – Agriculture and Greenhouse Projects
Job Category : Jobs in New Mexico
Job Description :
Agriculture and Greenhouse Projects
Company: Pebble Labs Inc.
Location: Los Alamos, New Mexico
Compensation: $55,000 – $70,000 plus health and welfare benefits
About this opportunity:
Pebble Labs is an ag biotechnology company dedicated to creating safe, sustainable solutions for global food security issues. Our mission is to develop breakthrough technologies that address global food production issues in agriculture and aquaculture. We are rapidly growing and are looking for enthusiastic and driven contributors to join a multicultural and diverse scientific team.
The Research Technician will be a member of the Agriculture Team focused on assisting in growth chamber and greenhouse trials while assisting in laboratory work. This role will do sample collection, analysis using DNA/RNA related techniques and other qualitative/quantitative assays.
Pebble Labs is located in the scientific hub of Los Alamos, New Mexico and draws upon the synergy of one of the top laboratories in the United States. Neighboring Santa Fé and Taos communities with its diverse cultural, artistic and music scene, together with outdoors activities including skiing, hiking and fishing in the Sangre de Cristo and Jemez ranges, offers a unique living and family friendly environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in plant biology, horticulture, agronomy, crop science or related field with a focus in plant virology or pathology
- 1 – 2+ years of agricultural laboratory and greenhouse/ growth chamber experience focused on commercialization and product development
- Understanding of plant pathogen-host interactions including hands-on experience with greenhouse disease trials, insect bioassays, pathogen detection, molecular cloning, DNA and RNA related techniques, ELISA and other protein quantitative/qualitative assays.
- Laboratory Experience – Previous use or ability to learn specialized equipment/procedures such as PCR, DNA/RNA Extraction, Media Preparation, Protein Extraction, Western blots, ELISA, Microscopy, etc
- Communication Impact – strong written and verbal communication skills with project teams
- Collaboration – team player who can work in a high activity, matrix management environment
- Quality and Procedures – Responsible for understanding experimental procedures of work being performed to assure the accuracy and quality of test results
- Ability to work independently with tight deadlines and in a multi-disciplinary team supervised by a senior scientist
- Knowledge and experience in plant virology, plant pathology, or insect-vector biology is desirable
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in