Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Peer Assistance Services,Inc. & they are Hiring Candidates for Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Trainer
Company Name : Peer Assistance Services,Inc.
Company Location : 2170 South Parker Road, Denver, CO 80231
Job Position : Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) Trainer
Job Category : Jobs in Colorado
Job Description :
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment Trainer
Peer Assistance Services, Inc.
SBIRT in Colorado
Peer Assistance Services, Inc. is a community-based, 501(c)(3), not-for-profit Colorado corporation.
Our mission statement, leading with prevention and intervention for substance use and mental health
concerns, guides all agency programming. Our values of grit, integrity, and compassion are guideposts for all that we do in the service of our mission. Each staff member operates from these to ensure the success of the agency.
Position Title: SBIRT Trainer
Program (s) FLSA Status Hours Date of Last Revision
SBIRT in Colorado Salaried, exempt 40 hours per week August 11, 2022
Peer Assistance Services seeks an energetic professional to champion screening and brief intervention training and implementation efforts throughout Colorado. Key characteristics of this individual include exceptional verbal and written communication skills, flexibility, team commitment, and keen interest in and curiosity about substance use prevention and healthcare.
Program Summary: Screening, Brief, Intervention, and Referral to Treatment, or SBIRT, is an evidence-based early intervention practice to identify, reduce, and prevent use of alcohol and other substances. SBIRT calls for community-based screening for health risk behaviors, including substance use. SBIRT in Colorado is a statewide program that provides training, technical assistance, and implementation support to health and mental healthcare providers, healthcare organizations, and stakeholders. SBIRT in Colorado manages a statewide campaign to increase public awareness of the risks related to alcohol, marijuana, and other drug use and to reduce the stigma of seeking treatment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred in public health, healthcare profession, public administration, nursing, human services, or related field
- Experience training adult learners in-person and via live webinar
- Knowledge of substance use and related issues with emphasis on evidence-based prevention and early intervention approaches preferred
- Experience in or knowledge of healthcare and/or behavioral health settings preferred
- Strong verbal communication and public speaking skills
- Exceptional, demonstrated writing skill
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Capacity to analyze and synthesize information, including data collection, e.g., analyzing post- training evaluations
- Strong interpersonal skills to enhance collaboration with healthcare organizations, non-profit organizations, community-based organizations, government agencies, and policy makers
- Embraces teamwork and collaboration
- Proficient with MS Office, Google Suite
Principle Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
Work in coordination with the program manager and team to:
- Deliver, facilitate, and manage training on SBIRT to healthcare and community-based organizations
Peer Assistance Services, Inc. – SBIRT In Colorado, Program Trainer – Revised 8/2022 1
- Ensure trainers have adequate knowledge and skills to provide training
- Ensure fidelity to the model for SBIRT team of trainers through routine evaluation
- Support fidelity to SBIRT best practices related to implementation and clinical delivery
- Provide consultation and technical assistance to program staff and providers to promote SBIRT integration in healthcare and community-based settings
- Identify opportunities to align screening and brief intervention implementation efforts with state agencies, statewide initiatives, and national policy priorities
- Maintain knowledge of state and national healthcare policies and initiatives as they relate to prevention, intervention and treatment of substance use and related issues
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with federal and state agencies and community partners
- Participate in strategic work to further the sustainability of SBIRT as a universal practice
- Conduct recent research reviews related to SBIRT and more broadly, trends in SUD prevention
- Other duties as assigned
Communication: Communicates professionally, appropriately, and clearly both verbally and in writing.
Communicates and reports accurately in a timely manner, meeting designated deadlines. Shares information and ideas with others and collaborates with agency staff and community partners. Acts as a public representative of the agency internally and externally, consistently exemplifying agency mission and values.
Decision Making/Judgment: Recognizes opportunities and matters affecting agency and programs, gathers information, sorts through complex issues, and seeks input from others, delegates as appropriate.
Makes decisions consistent with agency mission, values, policies and procedures and level of responsibility. Within the bounds of assigned responsibilities, makes timely decisions, using consensus when possible. Communicates decisions to others in a timely and appropriate manner.
Job Knowledge : Understands scope of responsibilities, possesses, and maintains necessary job knowledge and has required technical skills. Appropriately and accurately applies job knowledge to complete principal duties and responsibilities. Understands and integrates agency mission and values into daily work.
Collaboration and Planning: Sets goals in accordance with contract requirements and agency policies.
Develops plans and manages resources to meet goals. Aligns plans with agency mission and values.
Coordinates and cooperates with PAS staff, clients, contractors, community partners, stakeholders.
Respects and adheres to team/supervisor/agency decisions. Holds self and others accountable. Tracks, measures, and reports outcomes.
Reports to: SBIRT Program Manager
Salary Range: $65,000 – $70,000
Direct Reports: None
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00, occasional evenings and weekends, hours subject to change
Working Conditions: Favorable office environment with some state-wide travel required. Periodic evening and weekend hours required. Involves frequent contact with staff and external partners. Hybrid schedule is permitted, direct reports work from remote locations. It is expected that attention to safe practices during the COVID-19 pandemic is maintained along with agency staff.
Peer Assistance Services, Inc. – SBIRT In Colorado, Program Trainer – Revised 8/2022 2
Physical/Mental Demands Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation; stooping, climbing, and bending to files and supplies; mobility to complete errands; stand/sit for up to eight hours each day; ability to communicate clearly when using the telephone; requires sitting; standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting, and twisting at times; moderate levels of stress. Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Disclaimer Statement: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required for employees assigned to this job.
PAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PAS is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or staff on the basis of age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Peer Assistance Services, Inc. – SBIRT In Colorado, Program Trainer – Revised 8/2022 3
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in