Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Unum & they are Hiring Candidates for Senior Test Engineer – Hybrid Opportunity
Company Name : Unum
Company Location : Portland, ME 04102
Job Position : Senior Test Engineer – Hybrid Opportunity
Job Category : Jobs in Maine
Job Description :
Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
This is a hybrid opportunity, with onsite presence (2x per week), at either our Portland, ME, Chattanooga, TN, or Columbia, SC campus.
Senior Test Engineers are responsible for ensuring the quality delivery of the defined goals of the agile team.
They will identify the needed integration testing effort and will proactively partner across agile teams to ensure the appropriate testing is completed to not impact other teams. They will be deep application and test technology skillset subject matter experts. May research third party/cloud solutions and how best to manage quality deliverables on them.
The Senior Test Engineer plays a critical role in mentoring Test Engineers of all levels to ensure we are growing future talent within the agile teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides test leadership and direction for all EPIC features delivered
- Collaborates with Sr. Software Engineers, Principle Software Engineers or Architects on the application of agreed testing standards process, tooling and frameworks required for the delivery of features in the product backlog
- Ensures application solution design conforms to agreed quality attributes such as performance, security and usability etc.
- Evaulates 3rd party/cloud based solutions and new releases to socalize testing implications. Participates in evaluation for purchase and/or implementation of new features.
- Ensure product backlog has appropriate acceptance criteria defined and participates in their prioritization
- Provides ongoing and appropriate mentorship for team members on the discipline of testing
- Plays an active role in championing and improving the test practices at Unum
- Drives the team’s build out and use of test automation through metrics and data
- Collaborates and partners with the business and the agile team to ensure acceptance tests are automated by the team
- Identifies process improvements and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practices.
- Provides consultancy and coaching team members on unit testing, test driven development, provisioning of test data through stubs and drivers, white box testing tools and techniques etc.
- Keeps abreast of emerging testing practices and technologies and pro-actively analyzes current processes and practices and suggests and drives improvements
- May manage complex multi-function, multi-business unit projects with medium-high risk impacts
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration techniques where practical
- Partner closely with the Business Analyst to create acceptance criteria for the user stories. Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Partners closely with team members to assist with and help drive test automation through all phases of testing (such as unit, system, integration and regression)
- Is an advocate for Quality Assurance best practices across the entire team throughout the deliverables
- Analyzes and reports test activities and results using industry best practices that align with the companies reporting and metrics needs
- Develops test strategies, test plans, test cases, test coverage, and test execution reports to support the Quality Assurance effort in testing features that are part of application and/or solution changes
- Creates and maintains traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master and/or Team Lead and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments blocking their progress
- Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
- Collaborates with the Team (Business Analysts, Designers, Software Engineers, Architects, etc.) to ensure that the team defines, configures, builds and produces features and solutions that meet or exceed what the product owner is expecting
- May serve in a Scrum Master role for an agile team
- Automates testing of software to industry standards
- Create and maintain appropriate test artifacts for the team
- Collaborates with software engineers on the definition of done for software deliveries transitioning to testing and ensures the agile team understands the overall testing process
- May direct the activities of onshore and offshore testing teams and be accountable for ensuring that they adhere to the teams standards
- Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily standups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
- Thinks with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers.
- Bachelors degree preferred, or equivalent business experience
- 6+ years experience in software testing and demonstrated experience in test practices and technologies or equivalent relevant work experience
- Shows evidence of analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Strong experience of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player; able to lead and work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Test Certifications are preferred (ISTQB certifications, CSM, CSD, CSP)
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in