Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in PPL Corporation & they are Hiring Candidates for Sr Natural Gas Trader
Company Name : PPL Corporation
Company Location : 280 Melrose St, Providence, RI 02907
Job Position : Sr Natural Gas Trader
Job Category : Jobs in Rhode Island
Job Description :
- Plays a key role in a newly-formed organization to develop gas procurement procedures and systems.
- Supports the recruitment and training of a junior physical trader and schedulers.
- In conjunction with Manager of Physical Trading and Scheduling, develop daily, monthly, and seasonal plans for gas purchasing and supply portfolio optimization.
- Solicits bids for, and negotiates, the purchase and sale of gas commodity at various locations.
- Develops and executes purchase plans to refill the company’s gas storage assets.
- Identifies and executes physical trades to optimize the gas supply portfolio.
- Supports the Manager of Physical Trading and Scheduling with the management of commercial and regulatory activity associated with the Company’s Natural Gas Portfolio Management Plan (NGPMP).
- Ensures that natural gas commodity purchases and sales transactions comply with all applicable company and departmental governance and risk management policies.
- Ensures all trading activity (e.g., purchases and sales) are fully captured, documented, and summarized in the company’s gas management system for accounting and billing purposes.
- Serves as departmental contact with company’s accounting department to support end-of-month actualization and close processes.
- Monitors reports, electronic bulletin boards, and supports the schedulers with making contacts at pipeline companies to track key volume activity accounts (imbalance, storage levels, etc.) and takes corrective action, as necessary.
- Maintains business relationships with various counterparties to identify opportunities for the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics, or other analytical discipline is required.
- Five to ten years of experience with physical natural gas trading; preferably in the gas supply markets accessed by the company.
- Experience using natural gas commodity and basis trading platforms such as the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE).
- Related experience in energy procurement functions such as portfolio planning, scheduling, energy risk management, and energy accounting.
- Experience with gas supply resource contracts (e.g., NAESB, pipeline capacity, and storage).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparties.
- Must possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills to work in this data intensive position.
- Must have the ability to work with detailed natural gas price and gas contract data; possess skills that enable candidate to work in a fast-paced environment yet ensure overall quality and accuracy of work product.
- Must feel comfortable using various computer models, data base applications and complex Excel spreadsheet models.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, mathematics, or other analytical discipline.
- Experience in physical trading for a natural gas utility is preferred.
- Experience with recruitment, process development, training and mentoring of gas scheduling and trading personnel is preferred.
- Ten to fifteen years of gas industry experience preferably with markets accesses by the company’s gas supply portfolio.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in