Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in State of Connecticut – Department of Administrative Services & they are Hiring Candidates for State Program Manager of Project Accounting (Hybrid)
Company Name : State of Connecticut – Department of Administrative Services
Company Location : 450 Columbus Blvd, Hartford, CT 06103
Job Position : State Program Manager of Project Accounting (Hybrid)
Job Category : Jobs in Connecticut
Job Description :
- Providing leadership and direct oversight of accounting projects
- Monitoring federal rule-making decisions and evaluating the need to propose regulations or statutory amendments
- Participating in bonding hearings
- Participating in the administration of accounting projects and providing project accounting management
- Delivering briefings and presentations to clients
- Preparing, updating, and participating in the development of reports, standard accounting project procedures, policies, and guidance documents for accounting projects
- Coordinating, participating in, providing staff support for, and/or facilitating working groups, meetings, workshops, or conferences
- Supporting the project management team regarding contract modifications, compliance, payments, reports, and any other duties related to the project.
- Ensuring consistent billing and financial reporting at project levels by following best practices
- Investigating billing issues and overages, as well as forecasting future costs to ensure project completion within budget.
- Flexible work hours and telecommute arrangements.
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits supporting your health and wellness.
- The ability to begin planning for your future with excellent retirement plans and defined contribution plans.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick time, and twelve holidays.
- Interested in learning more, check out our benefits page.
- In order to be considered for this job opening, you must meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
- The minimum experience and training requirements must be met by the close date on the job opening, unless otherwise specified.
- For assistance in applying, please visit our ‘Applicant Tips on How to Apply’ page.
- Ensure that your application is complete and detailed before submitting it. In order to comply with Public Act 21-69, the State of Connecticut is no longer asking for resumes during the initial application process. You will not be able to make revisions once your application is submitted into the JobAps system.
- Please select all location(s) and shift(s) you are willing to work on your application. Failure to do so may result in not being considered for vacancies in that specific location.
- All application materials must be received by the recruiting agency by the time specified on the job opening for the position for which you are applying. Late applications may not be submitted and will not be considered. Exceptions are rare and limited to documented events that incapacitate a candidate during the entire duration of the job posting time period. It is the candidate’s obligation and responsibility to request an exception and provide a legally recognized justification to accommodate such exception. Requests should be made to [email protected]
- Although applicants will receive correspondence via email, as a backup they are also encouraged to sign on to their Personal Status Board daily to monitor their status, view all emailed notices and complete tasks required in the recruitment process.
- This posting may require completion of additional referral questions (RQs). You can access these RQs via an email that will be sent to you after the posting’s closing date or by visiting your JobAps Personal Status Board (Certification Questionnaires section). Your responses to these RQs must be submitted by the question’s expiration date. Please regularly check your email and JobAps Personal Status Board for notifications. Please check your SPAM and/or Junk folders daily in the event an email provider places auto-notification emails in a user’s spam.
- At any point during the recruitment process, applicants may be required to submit additional documentation which support their qualification(s) for this position. These documents may include: a cover letter, resume, performance reviews, attendance records, supervisory references, licensure, etc., at the discretion of the hiring agency. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications as indicated to apply for this position.
- The immediate vacancy is listed above, however, applications to this recruitment may be used for future vacancies in this job class. Interviews will be limited to candidates whose experience and training most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- Due to the large volume of applications received, we are unable to provide confirmation of receipt or status during the recruitment process. Updates will be available through your JobAps portal account.
- If have any questions pertaining to this recruitment, please contact [email protected]
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a state agency this class is accountable for planning, organizing and directing an agency program and/or project or directing the development and administration of programs within a division.
Receives administrative direction from an administrative official of higher grade.
Directs staff as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Directs staff and/or operations of an agency program and/or project or division;
- Coordinates, plans and manages program and/or project activities;
- Formulates goals and objectives;
- Develops or assists in development of related policy;
- Interprets and administers pertinent laws;
- Provides input or evaluates staff;
- Prepares or assists in preparation of budget;
- Maintains contact with individuals within and outside of agency who might impact on program and/or project activities;
- Serves on committees and/or and task forces as required;
- Speaks before professional and lay groups on subjects related to agency mission;
- Leads the recruitment and hiring of staff, including outreach, interview and selection;
- Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Considerable knowledge of
- and ability to apply management principles and practices;
- relevant state and federal laws, statutes and regulations;
- project management;
- principles and practices of business and public administration with emphasis on effective organization, administration and management
- interpersonal skills;
- oral and written communication skills;
- Considerable ability to analyze organizational problems and determine effective solutions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – GENERAL EXPERIENCE
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SPECIAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year of the General Experience must been in a consultative capacity with programmatic and administrative or project management responsibilities in the specific area of assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
- College training may be substituted for the General Experience on the basis of fifteen (15) semester hours equalling one-half (1/2) year of experience to a maximum of four (4) years for a Bachelor’s degree.
- A Master’s degree in business administration, public administration or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the General Experience.
- Department of Labor: Two (2) years of experience as an Apprenticeship and Training Program Manager may be substituted for the General and Special Experience.
- Experience with project accounting management and the project planning process.
- Experience developing project accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience adhering to state and federal bonding regulations and statutes.
- Experience analyzing financial data from a database.
- Experience diagnosing organizational inefficiencies and identifying operational solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel including creating formulas, macro enabled spreadsheets, vlookups and pivot tables.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in