Looking for a New Job? gfil.co.in is one stop place for searching new job openings. We got a new job details in Spiceworks & they are Hiring Candidates for Tech Reporter – Mashable
Company Name : Spiceworks
Company Location : Boston, MA
Job Position : Tech Reporter – Mashable
Job Category : Jobs in Massachusetts
Job Description :
Mashable, part of Ziff Davis Tech division, is looking for an experienced tech reporter with a conversational, engaging, and humorous writing style. If you’re tired of dry, boring product reviews and tech news, bring your thoughts, voice, and expertise to Mashable. The ideal candidate can write news hits quickly and cleanly. They also know how to write about phones, apps, and other products in a conversational way that won’t put readers to sleep. They will be expected to write about tech, but not live in a tech bubble — knowledge of pop culture and current events is a major plus. They should have an active social media presence, an extensive network of industry contacts, an eagerness to appear on camera across multiple platforms, and know how to craft an engaging tweet. The ideal candidate doesn’t wait for stories to be assigned to them. Instead, they proactively pitch stories, and are always looking for reliable sources and interesting angles on tech-related news topics and talkers. And – this is important – their copy should be immaculate. The tech reporter will report to Mashable’s deputy tech editor.
- A detail-oriented writer who can generate compelling story ideas and write strong and engaging headlines
- A natural self-starter and organized professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A team player who values the success of the Mashable team in building an audience and a brand
- A top-notch writer with a firm grasp of AP style and the ability to quickly turn around clean copy.
- Well-versed in SEO and a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat
- 5+ years writing for a media publication, with solid experience working for an online outlet
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of the digital space and Mashable’s core coverage areas
- Understands audience listening, including using trending and historical audience data to drive successful content plans
Responsibilities: The ideal candidate will –
- Write about phones, apps, and other products and developments in tech spaces with a conversational and engaging tone
- Proactively pitch stories, and will always be looking for reliable sources and interesting angles on hot, tech-related news topics
- Help elevate the quality of of our journalism with forward-looking enterprise and original content
- Review new products and software releases
- Be comfortable brand-building and promoting Mashable content on Twitter and Facebook
This is a union position covered by the NewsGuild of New York (LINK: https://nyguild.org). The contractual salary minimum for this position is $60,000.
Ziff Davis is a safe, inclusive workplace for people of all backgrounds and walks of life. We strongly encourage you to apply if you are from a marginalized or underrepresented group, particularly in the technology industry. Some candidates may see a long list of job requirements and feel discouraged because they don’t match every single bullet point – we suggest, please apply anyway. We’re flexible on location wherever possible – we are a Work From Anywhere company. We don’t believe in a “perfect candidate” because we believe in our core value to “Evolve and Adapt Quickly.” If you’re excited to be a part of a culture like ours, and will be relentless about pushing boundaries to succeed, please apply.
Disclaimer : We are just publishing information regarding new job openings and not legally responsible for any Post. Candidates are requested not to pay any money to anyone posing as gfil.co.in